DAV BG1 - any info?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I have been fascinated by the reviews and specs ofthis unit for some time.
Anybody got any ideas on the what's inside ..
Designed by Mick Hinton (ex- Decca) who based it on Decca gear from approx 1974

Here is the SoS review
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/dec03/articles/davelectronicsbg1.htm?session=7b550dbd2c7dd1a56e1d39ee623e6962

I quote from the review..
"I understand that the BG1 employs often-used (but now discontinued) Analog Devices integrated circuits at the front end of its circuitry, although they are clearly being employed in a sophisticated way, as the claimed performance figures make impressive reading. (A Burr-Brown chip is a available as a direct drop-in replacement for the original IC, with claimed improved performance, so there is no concern that this product has a limited life span.) The specifications for the BG1 give the bandwidth as 10Hz-150kHz (±0.25dB), and distortion is specified as being below 0.01 percent in the worst case, and typically better than 0.001 percent at 1kHz for a +20dBu output level. The noise figure is given as less than 25µV, which equates to better than -110dB relative to a +20dBu output level (specified with a 10Hz-18kHz measurement bandwidth, 150(omega) source impedance and 32dB of gain in use) ? more than adequate for most purposes."

Back