DDA Q Series Master section. HELP!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berkleystudios

Hi guys,

I seemed to try to go a little too far when modifying my DDA's master section. I have been trying to locate a spare for a few months but all my results have come up dry, so I am left trying to fix my mess ups.  My original mod was bypassing the DDA's Electronically Balanced Outputs  and feeding a pair of jensen jt123sl's but I never added a proper buffer circuit so I dramatically lost headroom and oddly several features, mono switch, dim, they no longer worked. This was about a year ago so other features affected are a little fuzzy. I removed them and re wired everything stock.  all functionality came back, however I have a totally new issue. The signal out of Right is dramatically lower than left. I have checked and checked again to make sure that I re installed everything back the way that it was, It was a few jumpers  and taps off of some EBO legs. I tried to calibrate the module thinking that that might be the cause of the issue, it was in storage for a year before I reinstalled it in my room, and I had never previously calibrated it.

I keep trying to rework it, making sure my jumps are properly installed, solder connections are good but I have had no luck. I need to get this going as soon as possible as I am limping along at the moment compensating the volume drop at my monitors which is not accurate and is actually increasing the noise floor in my monitor to a very noticeable leave. 

Could it be some sort of failing part that I am not thinking of? Guidance is extremely welcome. As are any spare S series  Master module PCBS... Q series just re uses most of the S Series PCBs. 

link the schematics, page 6 is the master section
http://www.ddaconsoles.com/pdf/schematics/q-series-schematics.pdf

Thank you in advance those far better versed at this than I.

Could be a lot of different issues.

So you removed the master output circuitry,
now you put everything back in and you have less level in the right channel. Left channel is fine

As a start I would try to find if the problem is in the output circuit you had removed or before it, or it's connections.

You know that channel L is fine

Can you reverse L and r connection tho the output cards?

So L from the Bus will go into R of the Circuit you removed,
The same for the other side R goes to L

So if Out R now is good, then the problem is before the removed circuit
If R is still lower in output then the problem is in the parts you had removed

Thats just a start, but important in trying to find the problem

Latest posts

Back