dead M7 capsule?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ricardo said:
zamproject said:
what are the influence in cardio mode coming from back diaphragm, can a sucked back diaphragm mechanically interfere to the mobility and moving specification of the front diaphragme and/or alter the backplate polarisation?
The back diaphragm is part of the cardioid acoustic back access for the front diaphragm.

If it collapses early, it means the tension is too slack. Cardioid response & pattern will change.  This happens even if the back diaphragm is not polarized so it has not collapsed.  The slack diaphragm is enough.

tks Ricardo.

so i can consider my capsule completely dead, even with one good diaphragm in cardio use only  :-\

another question, how a M7 design manage the atmospheric pressure variation, i don't see any hole letting change the inside pressure after the diaphragm mounting, but maybe it's not so important?

zamproject said:
another question, how a M7 design manage the atmospheric pressure variation, i don't see any hole letting change the inside pressure after the diaphragm mounting, but maybe it's not so important?

I have the answer :)
Close look to the backplate show me little hole on the side.

NEWS !!!
Today as last chance, I unstuck the diaphragm with success.

I removed the middle screw, and try to slightly pull up the diaphragm with a wood toothpick  :-X
i saw the diaphragm slowly ungluing from the back plate

first test don't show me radical sound change, just a light drop in hi frequencies

my old capsules still have radical difference across the new one

what are the tolerance in response curve for M7 ?

Zam

Back