[Design in progress] Varimu preamp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone!

Yes, it take me a lot of time, too much passions, and a baby coming really soon :)
Here are the last schematics of my project.
The last changes I made was to add relays for the input pad, the phantom power etc, and a partition noise killer on each EF183.
Now I am searching for a solution to polarise both EF183 at the same current, I am searching some informations about how to design a variable current sink and I'll put one on each cathode of the EF183 to force them to work at the same point.

I thought about something else. Do you think it is worth it to make a full differential structure?
I am asking this because I saw on the G9 or the Redd47 that it was not differential, and If I decide to use the same idea, I could simplify my structure a lot :)

See you all!

François

Attachments

• McP-MP1_Input_Section.png
    McP-MP1_Input_Section.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 72
Hello everyone,

I finally found some time, and I finished the first full iteration of my microphone preamp :)
Here we gooo!
I've got to check the resistors power handling, and to select the components, and then I'll be able to create the circuit board.

Have a nice day!

Attachments

• McP - MP1 V1.0.pdf
    260 KB · Views: 34
Ashayar said:
Hello everyone,

I finally found some time, and I finished the first full iteration of my microphone preamp :)
Here we gooo!
I've got to check the resistors power handling, and to select the components, and then I'll be able to create the circuit board.

Have a nice day!

Also, people around here like circuit boards. So if this turns out to be a really cool preamp I am sure people would buy boards from you.

Ricardus said:
Also, people around here like circuit boards. So if this turns out to be a really cool preamp I am sure people would buy boards from you.
Hello Ricardus,

If it's working well, every source for my version of the PCB will be shared ;)

Latest posts

Back