Diet and weight loss - ideas for sack lunches?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't do push-ups, and my diet is bad.  On an average day I only eat once per day, but I stuff myself until it's lunch time the next day.

I eat burritos, bacon, soda, eggs, beer, korean BBQ, and everything else that is bad for you (not fast food for some reason??).  It works for me.  (My lady is very good with nutrition, I avoid it!)

I'm the heaviest I've ever been at the moment (165#) I drink tons of beer.  To counter act the fating effects of my lifestyle, I ride my bicycle everywhere. I average over 100 miles a week on a fixed gear, that's just commuting to work and back.....

On the weekends I'll ride over 100 miles on a fully loaded bike (over 100#'s) for fun, from Los Angeles to San Diego about 140 miles non stop, or up the PCH to the next county (Ventura?) to camp by the ocean. It's nice to escape the city, and you can meet cool people.

I've been trying to eat more "vegan" but it has not been working to my advantage.

As a guess-tamate I burn 10,000 + calories a day, eat 1,000 to 2,000 and drink 9,000.

Gas is cheap at the moment (in North America) but I would suggest getting a bicycle and ridding it.

In the true DIY spirit, I have started to build lugged steel bicycle frames, as well as MIG welding kiddie bikes together to make "freak bikes"

For improving the quality of food you eat - find/join a food co-op - if it's the type where you work there for a few hours every month, the cost of food is below what it costs for sub-par items at commercial supermarkets.  Some of the work could be considered exercise, too.

Not enough time to read the whole thread.

Choco Perfection surgar free and tasty
http://www.chocoperfection.com/

Cut out fast sugar.  Diet of meat and Veggies with a little real butter.  Excercise a few times a week

South Beach OK, but read Schwartzbien Principle for healthy weight loss.

I had diabet glucose blood results a few years back to scare me into eating healthy and changing
my lifestyle.  I like Alcohol and when I can't drink, since it is pure sugar and my liver numbers were
off, I like a bowl of ice cream in the evening.  The chocolate bars from the link have saved my ass, since
dark chocolate is actually good for you and they taste great without any sugar or that nasty maltiol stuff.
I was fine for a while and started back up with small portions of carbs and got to having pasta a couple
times a week.  I was also drinking a bit more.  Back to the doctors....

Now I am back on a strict diet of no sugar, pasta or processed carbs.  The choco gives me the treat so
I don't feel I am denying myself anything and have lost 10 pounds.

PLEASE DO NO ASUME ATKINS. Atkins is a bad hoax and unhealthy.  Schwartzbien explains metabolism
and why South Beach is a good way to go.  The end result should not be weight loss per se but a healthy
metabolism and arrive at your optimal weight.

Also google Weston A Price and Sally Fallon.  She has a great cookbook called Nourishing Traditions.
One of the best things I got from that is the power of Fermented food that kickstarts the digestive process.
so I include a small bit of sauerkraut with my meals.  luckily for me I have acess to the Amish who make
unprocessed pickles, sauerkraut, and cheese.  The sauerkraut is not hard to make, just some pounding for 10 minutes
and sits for 3 days where the real work is done and natural enzymes and healthy bacteria are born.

Good luck.

Gustav said:
I find it hard getting motivated as well, and the instructors will say things like - 30 minutes at least, or it wont help one bit. I dont think thats true.

That is just a crock of big brown DUNG!!!  Everyone needs to start somewhere.  I think it's more about lifestyle and changing habits. where some who is at zero and start from 5.  It's all about consistency!!

Re Carbs.  Deamfields pasta may be the only one I would touch right now with my diet.
Quinoa is another healthy carb.

Back