Disturbing youth trend

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

I wanted to ask around if in your area mid teen males are going round in track suits with their hands down the front of their pants all the time ,
A stream of youths passed up the road in front of me yesterday ,3/5 of the males were just walking casually ,both hands right down their pants ,not a care in the world ,
Aren't  most of us thought  to give up  public manipulation of the genitalia as young children ?
Is 'ball cradling' now socially acceptable where you are ? ;D

I tried this search term

'why do modern male youths walk with their hands down their pants?'

Apparently Im not  the only one to notice this alarming trend , seems to be rap related somehow ,maybe Eminem ,Im not sure .

Tubetec said:
I tried this search term
seems to be rap related somehow ,maybe Eminem ,Im not sure .

It goes back further than that. It is a Rap thing and also a human nature thing. Ever seen boxers or MMA fighters psych themselves up? Lots of jock grabbing. It's young men acting tough.

ahaha Paul ,
I hope they dont expect to shake hands with people after doing that ,

Dont Moma's teach their kids to keep their hands off their junk in public anymore ?  Jaysus  ;D

Of course Ive seen our very own  big mouthed C McGreggor  make dry humping gestures towards his opponents , looks more like the language of prison to me .

Im just trying to imagine what its like in schools so , 'Do your work' says the teacher and the guys just sitting there smiling with his hands on his junk  :D 
They would have definately called in the parish priest for that  in the old days in my school  :-X

My son does it also, but he is just lately out of the diapers... ;)

Tubetec said:
They would have definately called in the parish priest for that  in the old days in my school  :-X
And he would have put his hands down there too, in the good old days? :eek:
Sorry, it just came to mind-

There was an old Billy Joel lyric (the entertainer) where he sings about learning to dance with his hand down his pants (perhaps because it almost rhymes).

JR

Not a thing here, and even if it were, the news is full of real problems these days and this would not be one of them. Nobody gets hurt, killed, extinct, goes hungry, gets sick etc. from it, so even if kids did it - I couldn't care less.

Ask them next time you see them.

Pretty sure they'll get off your lawn if you take an interest in their hands-down-the-pants propensities.

On second thought, maybe ask anonymously online.

I've seen that done for years, but usually from a stand-out young male that is comfortably distracted, situationally  alpha, hormonally possessed.

If you're finding it in group behavior, then it's become an extension of posture, complimenting the fashion and culture of the day.  Going to guess it's an isolated thing, and will disappear or morph into something else, as all trends do.

Back