• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale DIY Microphones, Preamps, Compressors, Mic transformers, ... (PICS ADDED)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank00

Hi guys,

With this post I’m letting some gear/parts go as I don’t record much right now (and when I do, I base myself off of a very big/well equipped studio that I assist at).

Some stuff here is diy, some isn’t. Some items are brand new, some were used sparingly to record personal projects in my home studio. All of them work great and are in mint condition. Below I'll provide detailed pictures of everything I list (for full size pics write me a DM, I don't want this thread to get too massive).

Please let me know if you’re interested in one or more items.

PS. I might update this post with new stuff in the future, so keep an eye open.

——————————————————————————————————————————
  • DIY TELEFUNKEN ELAM 251 CLONE — € 2000

This is an amazing microphone (great on vocals, acoustic guitar, cello, …) and I spared no expense on it. It features a Tim Campbell CT12 capsule (we all know how great and difficult to source it is). The transformer is a Moby T14/1 (again, the closest to the original). It comes with a NOS Mullard 12AT7 tube (selected by Christian Whitmore, very smooth top), but I will add an EH 12AY7 as spare (a bit more open). Dany Bouchard mic and psu pcb populated with the best components (wet tantalum output cap, styrene and Elna Silmic caps, Vishay Dale metal film resistors, …), silver teflon wire. Even the connectors on the body (HT-11A, double layer headbasket) and psu have been replaced with gold plated equivalents from switchcraft/neutrik/amphenol (they were chinese before). The cable is Mogami 3172 with Neutrik 7pin connectors. Comes with its shock mount.
    Very clean build overall.
  • DIY NEUMANN U47FET CLONE — € 700

Great sounding mic. I’ve used it successfully on vocals, kick drums, guitars, cello, double bass, …). It features a Maiku K47 capsule (really good for the money). The transformer is a Fab V8F (nice and big, great low end). Dany Bouchard pcb populated with the best components (carefully matched transistors, Wima and styrene capacitors, Vishay Dale precision metal film resistors, …), silver teflon wire. The pad and hipass filter have switches installed for easy operation. The connector on the body (body taken from an A.I.R. Swordfish, basically a GT-2B) has been replaced with a gold plated equivalent from switchcraft. Comes with its shock mount.
    Again, a very clean build.
  • JLM LA500A COMPRESSOR — € 600

Great optical compressor in 500 series form (fully 51x compatible via two shorter legs on the connector). I’ve used it mainly for tracking duties on vocals and bass in particular, but it really works on everything thanks to the slow attack mod and switchable HPF. It’s amazing how it can level a source so well while remaining transparent, and still add a nice sheen to it. Of course it can get pretty juicy if you want to squash a room mic or a parallel bus on drums.
    Neatly built and carefully calibrated.
  • CHANDLER TG2-500 PREAMP— € 1000

Amazing preamp in 500 series form. Bought to expand my preamp choices and used twice literally. It really needs no introduction: a recreation of the famous EMI console preamp. It can be dialled in cleaner or dirtier, brighter or darker, thanks to the various gain controls. With both mic and line settings, it’s a favourite on all kinds of sources from vocals to guitars to synths, etc… I’ve personally really enjoyed running a pre-recorded rock vocal through it to drive it hard into a compressor: lots of character.
    Mint condition.
  • IGS VANAD 500 PREAMP— € 600

Great preamp in 500 series form. Again, bought new to have more preamps and put in the rack once for a test before listing it. This version still has Carnhill transformers, so definitely a familiar sound. It’s a very good sounding and flexible preamp thanks to the on-board controls (HPF, Line-Mic-HiZ inputs on the front, double stepped gain controls).
    Mint condition.
  • SOUND SKULPTOR MP573 PREAMP — € 550

Amazing preamp in 500 series form. It has been my main preamp for a while and for a reason: it really has that 1073 thing going on. I particularly love it on vocals, acoustic guitar, snare drum and DI bass (and anywhere else you would use a Neve really). Very big and thick without being muddy, it can be pushed more or less depending on the settings.
    Very clean build, calibrated as per the manual.
  • (2X) FAB 251 MIC TRANSFORMER (now called FAB T14X) — € 80 (each)

Great sounding transformers for any 251/C12 build (12:1 ratio). It’s an improved version of the standard T14/1 transformer, providing more headroom and better low-end response (thanks to the slightly bigger core I guess). They come with their wiring diagram.
    I planned on doing a stereo 251/C12 pair at some point, but I’ll never get to it, so I’m letting these go.
  • (2X) FAB METRON RIBBON MIC TRANSFORMER — € 45 (each) + € 30 Ribbon Motor Kit

Great ribbon mic transformers (1:38 ratio). I planned on building a stereo set of ribbon mics, but it looks like I’ll never get to it, so I’ll let these go. They come with their wiring diagram.
    If you buy both transformers I’ll happily include four N42 magnets (2”x1/4”x1/4”) and a 2.5 micron aluminum foil (5”x5”) from Bumblebee Pro Audio to build two ribbon mics for just 30 euros (an order value of more than 70 euros).

DIY TELEFUNKEN ELAM 251 CLONE PICTURES

Attachments

• tempImageNMAKeL.png
    tempImageNMAKeL.png
    1 MB · Views: 2
  • tempImagekrdAp9.png
    tempImagekrdAp9.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
  • tempImageYJJTk4.png
    tempImageYJJTk4.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • tempImageCLfPGt.png
    tempImageCLfPGt.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImagexKy0xV.png
    tempImagexKy0xV.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 1
  • tempImagea1fPCE.png
    tempImagea1fPCE.png
  • tempImagejHWD1J.png
    tempImagejHWD1J.png
  • tempImageVV8PId.png
    tempImageVV8PId.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
  • tempImageJc0RhZ.png
    tempImageJc0RhZ.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImagee9Oozh.png
    tempImagee9Oozh.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
  • tempImagesQ4KPr.png
    tempImagesQ4KPr.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImagecsmrfq.png
    tempImagecsmrfq.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImagedn6KU5.png
    tempImagedn6KU5.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImageUalpoj.png
    tempImageUalpoj.png
DIY NEUMANN U47FET CLONE PICTURES

Attachments

• tempImage1Hrf43.png
    tempImage1Hrf43.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
  • tempImageSkBNVE.png
    tempImageSkBNVE.png
  • tempImagecwx3qu.png
    tempImagecwx3qu.png
  • tempImagesvsd4x.png
    tempImagesvsd4x.png
  • tempImageTbI2tV.png
    tempImageTbI2tV.png
  • tempImage4vYLZ7.png
    tempImage4vYLZ7.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • tempImagemJa7KH.png
    tempImagemJa7KH.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
  • tempImagerDHS8n.png
    tempImagerDHS8n.png
JLM LA500A COMPRESSOR PICTURES

Attachments

• tempImageFVqVxD.png
    tempImageFVqVxD.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImageKzDgoF.png
    tempImageKzDgoF.png
  • tempImagelrjMz7.png
    tempImagelrjMz7.png
  • tempImageW89mix.png
    tempImageW89mix.png
  • tempImagegmr87n.png
    tempImagegmr87n.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImageN2rsaa.png
    tempImageN2rsaa.png
  • tempImageEUuju5.png
    tempImageEUuju5.png
  • tempImageHqsfjD.png
    tempImageHqsfjD.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
CHANDLER TG2-500 PREAMP PICTURES

Attachments

• tempImageor9nMs.png
    tempImageor9nMs.png
  • tempImagew6dAqJ.png
    tempImagew6dAqJ.png
  • tempImageXzvCg0.png
    tempImageXzvCg0.png
  • tempImageU63zGd.png
    tempImageU63zGd.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImage3PP5Jg.png
    tempImage3PP5Jg.png
  • tempImageHqXYXo.png
    tempImageHqXYXo.png
  • tempImagew2GmmT.png
    tempImagew2GmmT.png
IGS VANAD 500 PREAMP PICTURES

Attachments

• tempImageBqnTmS.png
    tempImageBqnTmS.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • tempImageGbAMV9.png
    tempImageGbAMV9.png
  • tempImage3Dlrpj.png
    tempImage3Dlrpj.png
  • tempImageCk8Ivc.png
    tempImageCk8Ivc.png
  • tempImage2Tr14Y.png
    tempImage2Tr14Y.png
SOUND SKULPTOR MP573 PREAMP PICTURES

Attachments

• tempImage1YSW8s.png
    tempImage1YSW8s.png
  • tempImagemp6dJ5.png
    tempImagemp6dJ5.png
  • tempImageVBuvPr.png
    tempImageVBuvPr.png
  • tempImagePlhQ7b.png
    tempImagePlhQ7b.png
  • tempImageSEzIDN.png
    tempImageSEzIDN.png
  • tempImageABf74n.png
    tempImageABf74n.png
FAB 251 & METRON MIC TRANSFORMERS PICTURE

Attachments

• tempImageG4wmot.png
    tempImageG4wmot.png
Hi there
Where about in Italy are you based, please (I’m thinking about postage/shipping cost )
Thank you
M
I’m based in northern Italy, but I doubt that would have much influence on shipping costs.
You’re welcome!

Latest posts

Back