diy studio eq question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tedsorvino

Hi everyone. I've posted mistakenly at the drawning board subforum asking for eq and compressor designs. No reply. So I repeat my questions (by cutting them in two halves) in these specific subforums.
I'm quite experienced on building mainly guitar pedals and amps and now I would like to try my luck to the "studio" (semi) parametric eq world, for personal use. To start with I wouldn't like to try something expensive and very complicated.
So something like a good 3- 4 band (from around 100 to around 15k) parametric eq design with hi and lo pass filters (and maybe Q settings) is good enough for me.
Any ideas, links to other threads, pcb links and schematics for such designs are what I'm looking for. I wouldn't like to deal with overpriced kits etc. So designs with not complicated (3 d printing etc etc) housing would be ideal.

Thanks in advance

Hi! I'm not aware of a single project that does what you're looking for, but I got somewhere similar by combining audiox's Neumann W492 semi-parametric 4-band EQ clone (which can be modified to have parametric mid bands) with the Harrison Ford Filter HPF/LPF. You can get PCBs for the latter from Collective Cases - not sure where to get the former as I don't think Gustav / PCBGrinder does these any more, but the thread suggests they are out there somewhere.

Latest posts

Back