DIY U67 Power supply

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://vintagemicrophonepcbkit.com/DU67.html

Does anyone know if there is a power supply i can buy rather than build that will work with this diy u67?

Im very new to diy and am embarking on what i think will be a difficult build and would rather buy a power supply to minimize risk of me electrocuting myself :)
Also one more question on the site linked in the post it says "Mic BOM include 56R For R20" what does this mean? is it a 56 ohm resistor or something else im not sure what its saying i need to order. Can anyone help me with this?

If you look at the bottom right hand corner of the U67 microphone schematic you will see a resistor labeled R20, which is 60r (60r, 60R, 60ohm or 60Ω all interchangeable). You can get 60 ohm resistors but 56 ohm was considered close enough and is a easier to find value.

Another tip, sometimes you will also see resistors labeled 5k6, which is the same as 5.6k or 5.6kΩ (which is the same as 5,600 ohm).

Good luck, be careful when soldering the high impedance nodes and make sure to clean all the flux from the boards.

If you look at the bottom right hand corner of the U67 microphone schematic you will see a resistor labeled R20, which is 60r (60r, 60R, 60ohm or 60Ω all interchangeable). You can get 60 ohm resistors but 56 ohm was considered close enough and is a easier to find value.

Another tip, sometimes you will also see resistors labeled 5k6, which is the same as 5.6k or 5.6kΩ (which is the same as 5,600 ohm).

Good luck, be careful when soldering the high impedance nodes and make sure to clean all the flux from the boards.
Thank you so much! i dont have any mentors to ask so i really appreciate the help!

Two resistors of 120 ohms in parallel will give you exactly 60 ohms.
(Not that the absolute value is important...)
This resistor is for the 'test input', and I don't know anybody who has ever used this 'feature'.
Inside the power supply there is a 540 ohms resistor and 60 + 540 makes exactly 600 ohms, that was long time a standard impedance for audio gear.
The reissue of the U67 even doesn't have the test input anymore on the power supply.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back