Do you think people read us???

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gus

read this thread I wonder where this info came from?????

http://www.homerecording.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=103117

The microphone meta maybe?

32mm 34mm cinemag I wonder??????

for a new microphone an Ef14 is not a vf14 from what I have read

A 32 or 34 k67 type is not a m7 not even a PET m9 as I think the new gefell capsule model.

The china stuff sound nothing like a m7 I don't think the transformer is cobalt alloy does the grill have the right size and layers of mesh in the right order.

The microphone might sound ok but I would quess it does not sound like a u47. I guess you can sell anything on the web.

Thanks for that link.

Yeh that transformer lam wind style is very good. I have 4 AMI ones. One is installed in the square microphone.

I have been tring to find that type of lam to build my own transformers.

The real 308 had chambered bobbins more expensive and more of a pain to build.. I would quess from the pictures it is 3 layers a side 6:1.

This is the stuff I guess I get kind of short about here in my posts. Wait till you try a transformer like that in a microphone circuit. If you are going to DIY DIY it better than some of the new stuff on the market.

Ive heard dave's mics as referenced in that other thread. They are suprisingly great and he's a really really nice guy. Just in case anyone cared...

dave

i think a guy on recordingconsoles.net bought one a while back. seemed to think it was pretty sweet.

Yes, people read us! I was walking past the Marquette Audio booth at the AES show and someone shouted out CJ!Get over here you SOB! So I had to get out of that asile in a hurry. Turned my badge around. Had to dodge Eve Anna a few times.
Brent Casey-I forgot who he is he with? I hate having people know me and not knowing who they are.
:oops:

That's the problem with having your real name and photo out on the web. It kind of puts you at a disadvantage when you encounter people who know you from the 'Net. They know who YOU are, but you might not know who THEY are. And anyone who has been on the 'Net for a while has pissed off at least a couple of people. :wink:

I saw Hillary from TapeOp magazine at last year's AES. I walked up to her and said, "Hillary Johnson?" She looked a little scared at first, probably thinking to herself, "who is this scary-looking dude? A stalker?" She seemed relieved when I identified myself as the curmudgeonly but non-psychopathic "NewYorkDave" from the TapeOp messageboard :green:

On the other hand, at the same convention, Soundguy and I stood next to each other at a manufacturer's booth for at least five minutes before we realized we knew each other.

As for EveAnna... I saw her last year, usually being followed around by a small entourage. The only time I saw her alone was when we stood next to each other outside the convention hall, having a smoke. I didn't say a word to her. Frankly, CJ, I'm disappointed to hear that you were avoiding her. I pegged you for the kind of guy who, as soon as he entered the hall, would march right up to the Manley booth and start some shit! :wink:

I do not know how the microphone sounds. It might be good. Look around at Klaus's forum for insite on the vf,ef and uf 14s thay are not the same inside if what posted is true. Because of the prices it is next to imposable to find someone that has openned them up. You can make a good sounding microphone with the china 32: however there is a basic design flaw with all the 32mm I have heard, I think if can be fixed I am thinking about it

China PS scare me with UL rating stuff. I don't know what grade lam for the PS they use cheap lams are why some wall warts get realy Hot I believe.

I don't leave any wall warts plugged in except the one for the phone and that alot of air space around it. With the main PC I have every thing on a power strip that I shut down DSL modem every thing goes off. Talk to a fireman with some years on the job.

I think Steve posted his monitor was on fire.

Some correct me if I am wrong

I think using other tube than an EF14 might be a better Idea.

The price is not bad. I just don't think it can sound like a U47 without a M7 capsule, I saw that is an option.

NYD said:
Frankly, CJ, I'm disappointed to hear that you were avoiding her. I pegged you for the kind of guy who, as soon as he entered the hall, would march right up to the Manley booth and start some shit!

Why would I risk public castration from Eve Anna when I could be spending time with this Eva!

cj_and_eva.jpg

Latest posts

Back