Does anyone have any experience with PSVane tubes?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

industrialarts

Hi

Due to the current supply situation, CE has started offering PSVane tubes. Don't know anything about them - any opinions?

Thanks

Changsha Hengyang Electronics Co., Ltd, (now PSVane), some of the owners/engineers worked for Shuguang a valve manufacturer within China.
Didn't have a great name , EL34B was a big seller back in the day when they were half the cost of Russian branded valves but reliability was not good. They suffered with poor performance and power handling. They worked out of the Chinese state-owned Shuguang tube factory back in 2011 still a Chinese State owned factory based in Hong Kong, I believe.
Out of a box of 100 new EL34s from the factory, 36 were faulty. 36% failure rate is not good.
I won't use Chinesium valves ever since, once bitten, twice shy as we say.
They may have improved but I will stay away.

I believe that Chinese manufacturers can make a good product if put to the test. TAD seems to think so as well - Update Regarding the Supply of Amplifier Tubes from Tube Amp Doctor - this may be the same facility as PSVane

Plus, until there is major change of ideology in Russia I can't in good conscience support them in any way, but that's my choice. I read that JJ is still kind of hamstrung since they require parts from Russia but I have not been able to find the post where I read this, so I can't verify if that's true or not. And in terms of reliability, I am one of those in the "JJ not so much" category.

So I'd appreciate an alternative, not that China is a great choice in terms of political decisions. It'd be swell if Western Electric comes thru but I'm not holding my breath.

I see they sell high $ early WE tube reproductions, I hadn't heard about those.

Back