Doppler Studios, Atlanta GA, USA

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruno2000

Hello folks,
We have an announcement to make and we’ll get right to the heart of it.

After some 46 years of happy times and countless sound recordings, Doppler Studios is closing. We thank our customers for bringing us the jobs we like to do, we thank our extraordinary employees past and present for their hard work, talents and loyalty, and we thank our suppliers for being there when we needed them. We thank all for helping us become the grand place we’ve been for such a long time.

We will finish the jobs that are on our schedule and what’s right in front of us, but we won’t be taking on additional work beyond June 10, 2016.

Again, we thank you for being there with us and for us. We’ll leave you with this thought as we blast off into the future:

“To Infinity and beyond!” Buzz Lightyear 1995.

Joe Neil (Bruno2000), Bill Quinn, and the staff of Doppler Studios

P.S.  I know that this is a DIY forum, but we'll have  a lot of gear going up for sale.  PM me if you'd like a list.

P.P.S.  The Remote Truck will keep on trucking until I can't do it any more.  I will also continue with the projects I have shown here, and some new ones to come.

Awww. Happy trails!
I had the honor to work there in '95 with Organized Noize.
Though we tracked all 2", the engineer (sorry, I forget who!?) edited a sound effects-laden interlude in Pro Tools and it was the first time I'd seen computer editing work so quickly and solidly.
What a great studio-- wish I could've done some live stuff there.

*edit: the engineer was Blake Eiseman

Sorry to hear that.  A buddy of mine's dad (Tom Wells) was a big part of Doppler many years back. 

I love everything I read on this forum.

But this post I don't like reading.

I hate when any studio closes...
:'(

Latest posts

Back