dumbest studio photo competition

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
l_c35a3ed1685aa67a3f3cda0110d39bdf.jpg

[quote author="Infernal_Death"]
Marshall.jpg

I hate to give away this mysterious and secret amp micing technique as this is how to achieve the greatest guitar tones. I mean only beginners micing the speakers, real professionals capture the tube sound right at the source :green: [/quote]
I don't know if you know it or not, but that pic is photoshopped from a LEGITIMATE photo...

The original photo was taken with TWO mics on the clip: -one pointing up toward the head, and the other pointing down toward a speaker in the cab. -It was posed to show how these mic clip mounts could be used in a DOUBLE 4x12 setup, to mic a speaker in the upper and lower cabs simultaneously, by mounting BETWEEN the two 4x12's. -At the times however, the guy only had a head and a 4x12, so he made one mic face upwards toward the head face...

The lower mic later got photoshopped out by some clever wag, (you can easily see the artifacts from this, and tell where the cable 'doesn't look right' also) and has since assumed a life of its own across the internet.

-You may already know this of course, but I post it just in the interest of trying to make sure people don't take away the impression that the original person thought that the head produced usable sound.

Keith

[quote author="Svart"]

It's a marshall.. It'll NEVER produce a usable sound..

:green: :green:[/quote]

straight from the land of Messa .....

Latest posts

Back