Eagle (software) is dead in 2026

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MountCyanide

GDIY Supporter
Good day all. Long time no see. I've been on a mission so I've been locked in the studio writing tons of music.
The itch to create electrically never goes away and it's gotten inflamed lately. Can't wait to get back into it.
I paused my Eagle subscription ( or Fusion 360, rather ) and just went back to see about restarting it.
Fellow Eagle users know that Autodesk has been treating it like an ugly smelly stepchild.
Well, they've finally done did it. They're killing it. Dead.
This is a bummer. RIP Eagle. Not a victim of the vaccine. But a victim of the impetu$ for the vaccine. Sorry just making this a proper Brewery thread :)
And so go all of my projects and the hopes to easily revise. And my breeziness on the functions. And comfortability. And custom footprints (ARRGGG)
That's a lot of time and work.

Pardon if this has already been mentioned. I searched and didn't find anything.

"Effective June 7, 2026, Autodesk will no longer sell nor support EAGLE. New and active Fusion 360 and Fusion 360 with EAGLE Premium subscriptions will continue to give you access to Fusion 360 electronics as well as EAGLE Premium functionality until EAGLE is no longer supported in June 2026."

Autodesk Press Release

Last edited:
You don't need "support" in order to us it. I still run Eagle 7.7 (last version without Autocad), and I have an installer lying around for some version 9.x, that is still standalone without Fusion.

That was news to me, but overall it is just a tragedy how they ran this great tool into the ground. Most DIY folks use KiCad these days, I am too lazy to relearn as long as I don't have a real impetus and reason to switch.

My one seat eagle license is linked to my old PC that died over a year ago...

I do not have any immediate or expected needs to layout a PCB... So I'm OK

JR

Latest posts

Back