Edcor XS4400/XS4401 !!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rascalseven

XS4401data.jpg

I got it today. It's a prototype.

I called Edcor a couple of weeks ago inquiring about an api-type, quad-filar output, and this is their response.

The XS4401 includes a channel frame for mounting and a pcb with Euro connectors for wiring it. The XS4400 will be the same transformer with pcb-mount bobbin, no channel frame and no pcb or Euro connectors.

Unlike the Cinemag CMOQ-2 and Jensen JT-123, etc, this little guy has center taps for each winding. They included this as they have many customers who use 3-wire balancing.

XS4401closer.jpg

They began with a CMOQ-2 type approach and then made it their own with the center taps and the pcb version. Same steel laminations as the CMOQ-2/JT-123/4804/2503, however. It fits in 1ru nicely.

Flat from 10Hz to 150kHz.

Expected price for the XS4400 is "under $20" and the XS4401 is $23 in single quantity.

I'm testing it tonight against a CMOQ-2S in a pair of 312's using Fabio's 2520's.

Will report back...

JC

very interesting. when i tried to get edcor to make a quadfilar or even trifilar transformer a few years ago, they were not interested, even if bought them pre-twisted magnet wire. they do seem to be branching out a bit lately. you should ohm out the windings and see how it is wound, especially in regard to the center taps.

ed

JC,

Keep us posted :thumb:
please post some results on AudioTransformers.net forum on Edcor's site too.
:sam:

[quote author="solder_city"]turns ratio?[/quote]

1+1 : 1+1 : 1+1 : 1+1

[quote author="solder_city"]flat from 10hz to 150khz... under what testing conditions?

dc resistance?[/quote]

I agree. -However, if it's a 2503-a-like, I'd bet that the response goes even higher if needs be, when properly driven/loaded. :thumb:

Keith

Hi everyone,

i know this is an old post, but has anyone ever compared this edcor to say a cmoq-2?

greetings,

Thomas

Back