Electret TINY design

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont think i'll need 15.  i know we need to expect to lose some applying the linkwitz mod)as i rememberthe price befor the break was reasonable considering you can get a usablemic out them. could you order 10 for me and i'll split shipping with you? i'll email you.  i still can not see the link to your schematic. this may be obviuos so dont be offended for me pointing it out(again i cant see your schematic)  the wm61 has an fet already built in as well as a few other components. the transound (alice) circuit was designed for the transound capsule that has none.
manu, i bought a set of the karma mics. they are usable .that said" you get what you pay for"

anthony,  just to be sure your ordering the wm61a  yes???

I ordered 10 of the panasonics this afternoon.  I dont think Im gonna need all 10 so if you want a few ill just give em to ya, i ordered enough parts for i think 6 mics as well (of which i think im probably going to build 2 or 4)  The circuit i drew up gets rid of the FET and the 1G resistor as stated by Ricardo.  ill try and convert the schematic to a jpg so i can post here tomorrow when i get to the office. 

Seavote,

Thanks for the review of the mic.

I built those Tape-op mic while back but haven't had the time to build P48 circuit.

Would be nice to try the Transound one, Which capsule is better in your opinion? Or at least which one is manufactured so that it's close to their spec.

I know that Panasonic can vary a lot, and within 100 maybe couples are matched...

Manu

OK so i got the boards in, i populated them, hooked up an XLR cable and the little panasonic electret.  At first i got nothing, then I cut the little grounding tab on the capsule and i started getting signal.  There was a HORRIBLE hum coming from it, so i connected a ground wire from the case of the capsule to the ground of the board/xlr.  Got rid of a lot of the hum but sounds like theres still a buss problem happening.  Any thoughts?

I found that as soon as i put it into the housing the "hummmmm" went away.  They dont sound too bad actually.  A little thin, but kind of to be expected with a capsule that could fit in the hole of a cheerio.

Attachments

• IMG_0985.JPG
    IMG_0985.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 37

Latest posts

Back