Euphonix AM713 psu repair

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more measurement. I disconnected AD board for input 1-8 and powered it back up. Here's the measurements at Q4:
1: -25,3
2: -20,5
3: -25,2

-18v is a bit high compared to the still approx 18v + rail. I'm not sure if this is way out of spec or if I can conclude that the only fault lies in the AD board

Well I replaced that 100nF cap and it's running fine at -19,2V / +18,2V. The cap sat between the + and - rails before the opamp nearby, I'd guess to remove any noise on the supply. No wonder it burst into flames when it shorted. Herregud, this old beast does it's job well converting capi pre's on drums. Sounds great!

Unfortunately I don't have any other Euphonix schematics. Perhaps you could contact Berkeley Audio, knowing that the designers of these converters are also those who created the Pacific Microsonics converters, which inspired the Euphonix converters. J-Philippe

So, I replaced the melted mje182 and checked voltages before plugging in the connectors for the other boards. Measurments:
1 (emitter) : -27,5
2 (collector): -18,21
3 (base): -27,0

+18v rail measures 18,17v
I’m a bit suspicious that these results above have changed after the cap blew - the voltage you are now reading being higher - there mast be some other component in the regulator stage not functioning properly. You should have -18.2V.

Latest posts

Back