euphonix service manuals

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mulletchuck

Anyone happen to have service manuals for these artist-series devices?  i scooped a 'for parts only, won't power on' MC Mix up from ebay, so i'm eager to try and get it to power on. 

Good luck.  Avid does not release service manuals on any past or present hardware.    I have a friend that was high up at digi and he still would not give me info on my 192  for repair.  The service centers are the only ones that have it.  Some products can only be serviced at avid. 

I'm assuming you already tried the wall wart.    Might be a bad filter cap or diode or regulator chip that you might suss by look at the circuit card.    I have fixed flat screen monitors by replacing filter caps in power supply that are usually located in the wall wart but sometimes on the main circuit card.

I have a MC Control that works fine, so I tested it with the wall wart from that.    Right now the only thing I know is that there is continuity between the + and GND of the DC Jack.    I don't get this continuity when i compare on the MC Control

Attachments

• AM Rear.jpeg
    AM Rear.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 29
Just have to start tracing backwards into the unit.  Nice to have a working version to compare.  It's a power supply issue.  Compare it to the MC control working circuit and ohm and volt check from point to point.  Wonder if there is a shorted cap across the DC input?  Or Rect. 

i scooped up a working MC Mix earlier this week for pretty cheap, so i'll have an identical PCB to compare against next week.  i grabbed the dead unit for $160, so i'm hoping to get it working, but if I can't, it's a spare parts unit and modern faceplate for the working unit. 

It is good practice to try to repair equipment without schematics. No matter how complex the circuits are, most common failures are pretty simple. Check for power supply, obviously distressed components etc.

JR
As you know Laws of physics do not change. This is constant with or without schematics. In some cases schematics show one thing but the electronics don’t care what the schematics show.

I replaced the "backlight bulb" on my Artist series...the only touch screen I could find was about $200 and I only paid $400 for the unit so it was "hands on"...it has a really small "L" shaped fluorescent tube about 1/8" that I found for $20...

The units are not complicated and if you're getting continuity at the psu jack where you should not get it I'd check diodes and caps in the region...this is where one of those cheap electronic tweezer units is helpful.

The other thing I will say about these units is the plastic is really worthless...be extra careful when re-assembling it because those plastic standoffs for the screws will break like spaghetti in a southern kitchen.

Back