Even more audiophoolery

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The product page. Apparently they sell a "grounding wire" with an RJ45 jack on one end and a ground lug for their hunk-o-copper on the other. The idea is to ground your ethernet switch or router.

How do I tell these idiots that Ethernet is transformer-isolated?

AND THE WINNER AND CHAM-PEEN!

quantum-ground-lifter.jpg

Donald Scarinci
Lawyer, Writer, Photographer, Numismatist

;D

He's obviously a good lawyer at talking sh*te, what a Charlatan

http://donaldscarinci.com/category/audiophile-sound/

Some of the dudes on his Law page look like real elitist scammers.

This ground block very well may do something good as opposed to the wooden grounding boxes (filled with a magic material) the audiophiles are writing about. Even if this one is extremely expensive.

There are real 'good engineering practice' systems based on similar ideas.
Systems like:

Grounding Systems

SRPP :: System Reference Potential Plane
STGP :: Signal Transport Ground Plane
ZSRG :: Zero Signal Reference Grid
ZSRG :: Zero Signal Reference Conductors
ZSRP :: Zero Signal Reference Potential
ZSRP :: Zero Signal Reference Plane
MESH-CBN :: Meshed Common Bonding Network
MESH-IBN :: Meshed Isolated Bonding Network
PEC :: Paralleled Earth Conductors
PBC :: Paralleled Bonding Conductors

Conductive Structure

Andy Peters said:

Technically that is intended to provide a safety ground connection for 2 blade outlets, to the grounded (cough) wall plate screw. I tried to use these as intended until I figured out that my outlet boxes weren't grounded either.

It is sad that 99.99% of users use these to open a safety ground path.

I recall years ago while at a dealer seminar in Mexico for Peavey dealers. They told me they way they could tell if an amp was new or used, was if it still had the ground pin not cut off the plug, it was new and never used.  ;D ;D

JR

JohnRoberts said:
It is sad that 99.99% of users use these to open a safety ground path.

I recall years ago while at a dealer seminar in Mexico for Peavey dealers. They told me they way they could tell if an amp was new or used, was if it still had the ground pin not cut off the plug, it was new and never used.  ;D ;D

JR
In France and Germany, that would never happen. Systems are cleaner when grounded. Period. What's wrong with the other countries? (rhetorical question)

Back