Eventide Instant Flanger Output Question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prototek

I’ve been meaning to ask this… I have 1 XLR input cable that terminates at the other end into a metal spade I’d guess you’d call it. It’s to make installing the cable onto the flanger’s terminal easier I suppose. I have 2 of the same for outputs.
Now, is that all I need? I’ve seen pics where people have resistors bridged from one part of the terminal to the other… what gives?!

Certainly appreciate any help.
Cheers,
John

From the manual of the original eventide.
This is all you need to hook things up.
However in reference to your question you may be talking about 600 ohm termination which it would mention that in the manual of the specific device.

Attachments

• IMG_8108.jpeg
    IMG_8108.jpeg
    351.5 KB · Views: 4
In the manual the in and output impedance is given...

Only if the input of the next unit is high , it can be necessary to use resistors to get a higher signal...

Thanks mate.
In the manual the in and output impedance is given...

Only if the input of the next unit is high , it can be necessary to use resistors to get a higher signal...
so if I’m reading you right it’s fine to just leave the resistors out if I’m using equipment that operates at the same level?

Can’t wait to plug an Expansion Pedal into the front and get that crazy Diamond Dogs Bowie tone. I need that Dan Armstrong guitar with the movable pickup. LOL
THANKS.

Back