EZ1084EQ - NEVE 1084 -

Help Support GroupDIY:

Bluzzi

Sorry just saw this. Glad it was sorted out. Thanks to 3nity for suggestions.

Came over a cool read:

I wasn't aware of this! source

Still loving these eq's! Have a couple of 1073 addon eq's for my 1073 line-amps, and as I love the 10k setting on my 1084's, I was interested in finding the cap responsible, so I could try out something closer to the 10k hZ of the 1084 opposed to the 12k on the 1073. Well, looking at the schematic, there is a bit more going on than a simple RC or LC setup! Seems like it's combined with the LF shelf, and I have no clue as to what online filter calculator I should use to find a new cap... and not alter anything else!

In terms of a rerun; would be really cool with a frontpanel design for vertical use, mounting something close to a 19" panel vertically to resemble channel strips on a mixer. Preferrably with the 500 series width! Anyhoo... all the best to you Bluzzi! ✌️
Thanks for the kind words. You can always just make your own panel. You would only need to redesign the labels, everything else can remain as is.

I thought if a 500 series design and it is possible but didn't get around to it. Who knows if there is enough demand I may do it.

Nice to hear the EQ is still getting LOVE !

TheseGoToEleven

Came over a cool read:

I wasn't aware of this! source

Still loving these eq's! Have a couple of 1073 addon eq's for my 1073 line-amps, and as I love the 10k setting on my 1084's, I was interested in finding the cap responsible, so I could try out something closer to the 10k hZ of the 1084 opposed to the 12k on the 1073. Well, looking at the schematic, there is a bit more going on than a simple RC or LC setup! Seems like it's combined with the LF shelf, and I have no clue as to what online filter calculator I should use to find a new cap... and not alter anything else!

In terms of a rerun; would be really cool with a frontpanel design for vertical use, mounting something close to a 19" panel vertically to resemble channel strips on a mixer. Preferrably with the 500 series width! Anyhoo... all the best to you Bluzzi! ✌️
You might take a look at the 1066 schematic, as it is quite similar to the 1073 but has its high shelving at 10k instead of 12k.

The B205 subcircuit in those units is a sort of active variation of the James (which has 2 caps for bass and 2 more for treble). There is a version of that for simulation over at “TSC in the Web” which was added a little while back.

Active James w/ dual bass caps

However, the B205 has at least 6 caps involved so the Neve really needs to get its own simulation over there.

I noticed that on the B205, the R’s on the treble side are 620 ohms on the 1073, instead of 1.2k on the 1066. The R’s on the bass side are different too, but that’s probably only to match the change in the bass pot (47k to 50k.)

The caps are exactly the same in the 1066 and 1073 shelving high/low section, at least according what I see on their schematics.

Edit: I see on other sites that some 1066 owners find a B180 card inside instead of B205. A picture of that B180 card shows it has the all the same cap values as the B205 in the 1073 with the exception of a pair of 33nF instead of a pair of 22nF. But other 1066 owners report B205's inside with a 22nF pair on them, which matches the schematics. Curious.

Last edited:

Latest posts