• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale EZ1290 4-Channel Preamp (Neve 1073)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndietownRecording

This is a EZ1290 (Neve 1073) 4 channel mic preamp unit. This was my first build I did years ago. I spent a TON of time sourcing parts, including Carnhill input/output transformers, BC-184 NOS transistors, Motorola 2N3055 transistors, JLM Power Plant power supply, greyhill switches, JLM Go Betweens, 2 x JLM Fet DI's, case and front panel from Collective Cases, machined metal Marconi knobs, and other high quality components used throughout the build (e.g., Polystyrene capacitors).

I am listing this as 'non-functioning' because I'm not getting output from two of the four channels. I had planned on disassembling this and cleaning up the build. The solder points could use cleaned up and the boards need a good scrubbing to remove the flux. Some people don't clean their boards, but since this build, I have become a bit OCD about having clean boards. And, of course, two of the channels needs fixed. So, I'm listing this as 'non-functioning' because I don't know why two of the channels don't work, and I don't want to be responsible for them once they arrive to you safe and sound.

There is a lot of quality in these components, and I'm already regretting this as I type it out. $1390 shipped.

Attachments

• IMG_5858.JPG
    IMG_5858.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5863.JPG
    IMG_5863.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5860.JPG
    IMG_5860.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5861.JPG
    IMG_5861.JPG