Fake Name Badges at trade shows

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm really bad with names, so I look at the badge to kick start the memory, but my eyes are so bad that it's real obvious what I'm looking for.

Walking around the exhibits wearing a red tag puts you in a special position too, at least with the boutique guys, they all want to find who you are and show off, that's cool, but the sales guys completely ignore you, which is actually cooler.

I don't think I've ever not talked to anybody in the booth for any reason, unless I was completely swamped. But then we're just an itty bitty little company and don't have any pretensions to grandeur.

[quote author="Dan Kennedy"] But then we're just an itty bitty little company and don't have any pretensions to grandeur.[/quote]
:green: :green: :green:
I just can't resist
but you guys are great
wait for it ... that's not the joke yet :wink:
Itty Bitty River Electronics could one day rule the world !!!
:green:
I just crack myself up sometimes :cool:

Dan's booth was so packed I could barely get this picture.
Jeez, is that an output transformer in the middle?

great_river_1.jpg
[/img]

I've got one of them ! ... mic-pre bit, that is.
I'm still working on Dan for an EQ section.

Also it should be noted that I did pay a fair price and didn't get a bargain of the century so don't go bothering Dan directly for some sort of special deal as the ME-1NV that I have was a special circumstance that will, hopefully, not arise again.

A big thanks to Dan who is a true DIY'er at heart ... :thumb:

One of these days I'll do a write up on the ME-1NV.

I bet chandler doesnt display with his lids off.

Hey check out my $4k box, I have selected the best two cent carbon alpha pots and cheap as hell plastic lorlin switches. I was smart enough to use an Elma switch for the gain switch (which ultimately when using other cheap parts you migth as well just use a damn pot) just so I can advertise "uses high quality elma switches". Im a real smarty. Oh yeah, "mastering" version with REAL switches is available for several hundred dollars more. Maybe they show that box with the lid off.

shame the stuff sounds so good because its built, where possible, with the cheapest crap possible.

dave

Good to see ya Winston!
Darn it! I thought you were the DIY police so I used the crowd as a chance to escape!
Dig up that S-217-D tranny schematic and I'll send you a case of Guiness, or Gatorade, which ever you prefer.

Your state of affairs? I just got a DUI on my bicycle after I carshed and burned one night after a Lime-Vodka session!
Whole thing cost ten grand. Still haven't paid off the meat wagon.
The bike is fine, which is the most important thing.
Pleaded to a drunk in public so the DMV can't mess with me.
I have an inner ear dis-order that really screws up my balance, especially after a couple of cold ones. Used to be I could ride in any condition, falling off a bike is really hard once you get rolling.
:razz:

You can get a DUI pushing a shopping cart here.
Most states are adding bicycles to the list.
But the penalty is 250 max, a lot diferent than the car laws.
And no jail, weekend work or alchohol program is given.
Oh boy. Maybe this should have been discussed in the Brewery!
:oops:

[quote author="Mark Burnley"]Ray Bhinger

(...think about it...)[/quote]
Lost on the Americans, I fear...

The concept of Spoonerism is unknown in the US, and stands little chance of ever catching on. -Even rhyming slang is met with the comment "Why would you bother... why not just say what you mean?"

BTW Mark... didya call my mum yet, to pick up yer prezzy?

Keef

:green:

...never mind...we'll keep our Spoonerisms on the shelf with the marrows and pirate outfits...

I'll phone her as soon as I get back to L'pool!

:guinness:

Mark

*suddenly feels paranoid*

how many of you guys stopped by the TI booth then (with fake names) and ate all of our black and red MM's???

Jesus - I hope i'm never considered _THAT_ slimey... *sigh*

Latest posts

Back