FBT Europe speaker

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello,
this is for a switching mode power supply, send an email to the manufacturer doesn't answer
any help where can I get this transformer in USA.
Thank you...

showing the primary in short.

Well, the primary is a piece of wire - I'd be worried if it DIDN'T show continuity. Or did you mean the insulation has somehow failed internally, and the primary shows a connection to other windings as well?

primary of the power supply is in a big short

That's nice and vague though. What exactly is "in a big short"? I would've expected the silicon (switching MOSFETs, diodes etc) to fail way before a chunk of wire. And the fuse should have blown long before the transformer managed to melt / burn.

Still haven't seen a real answer to "how has the transformer been determined to be at fault" question, though.

Is the mains fuse ok, or blown? Common-mode chokes still in one piece? MOVs (metal oxide varistors) ok or blown? Bridge rectifier? High-voltage bulk filter capacitor? Switching MOSFET(s)? PWM controller?

All of those are soooooo much more likely to fail (even short) before a bunch of (thick-ish) wire wound around a core... Not to mention that, if the primary really WAS so busted up that even the transformer kicked the bucket, the PCB would be more black than green (or whatever color soldermask they used).

yes it's weird after replaced the Mosfets, pwm ic, diodes and fuse.
the transformer start getting hot, how I said the transfomer was tested with a Megger and it shows in short circuit.

Latest posts

Back