fed-ex print shop; document safety!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kambo

how safe to print important documents on self use printers at fed-ex print shop or similar places,
from ur own USB flash drive!

I wouldn't ASSume anything is safe, but then again what are you printing that you are so worried about? (rhetorical I don't actually want to know.) 

JR

PS: I recently had a batch of owners manuals printed by them (internet with fedex delivery) and they screwed up the document type faces. I probably need to figure out how to lock those.

JohnRoberts said:
I wouldn't ASSume anything is safe, but then again what are you printing that you are so worried about? (rhetorical I don't actually want to know.) 

JR

some documents with SS#, ID etc...

kambo said:
some documents with SS#, ID etc...

Hopefully they are too busy working but I don't trust anybody...

I live in a poor community and I've seen people actually pick up my bags of garbage on collection day, no doubt hoping to find some confidential personal information in there that might help them perform identity theft. I ran out and saw one guy with mine and a couple neighbors bags of garbage piled up on top of his car as he drove away slowly  ::) ...(he would be disappointed with my garbage). I hoped to get his license plate but it probably isn't illegal to take garbage.

I burn most sensitive papers.  If I throw out an old credit card I cut it into 4 pieces and discard them on different weeks.

JR

paper shredder is my wife's friend :)
it has the most annoying sound tho...
i wish we could burn them too!

Gus said:

thats the reason i am getting a color printer,
i do not trust software protection/formatting etc etc.... its all recoverable.

i am in movie trailer industry, and standard procedure is to put "6 drill holes" on hard drives, after the project is completed. and those hard drives gets examined, photos taken, and archived.

Latest posts

Back