Feeler: an "Eee-Zzz" christmas present...ez1073 and ez1073-500

Help Support GroupDIY:

Hey All!

I have another question. I want to find some different knobs than the traditional ones but I’m not sure how to find the right knobs. I bought a set but the screw was complete opposite of the indicator dot and the screw didn’t line up with the notch on the shafts of the pots which makes the indicator dot point to the wrong option.

I noticed that the Capi website said their knobs have two set screws located 120 degrees apart but that doesn’t seem to be an option on DigiKey or maybe there is a different term for that?

Any help would be appreciated! I’m just looking for some black knobs that are no more than 12.7mm or maybe up to 15mm in diameter. I made my own faceplate from a template I found and that seems to be a good size for what I want.

Attachments

• 0ED91467-0E03-4997-89D4-938CD338C31C.jpeg
    0ED91467-0E03-4997-89D4-938CD338C31C.jpeg
    264.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 82F7182D-3048-4BC4-A52D-ADEE139C5115.jpeg
    82F7182D-3048-4BC4-A52D-ADEE139C5115.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 32
PLEASE HELP! My multimeter is reading the wrong voltage.

I have my multimeter pointed at the 200V Setting with the ends in the correct holes.

These are the numbers i'm getting when I measure voltage...

J6 + J5 = 000.8
J3 + J5 = -000.8

Everything looks good, no smoke or anything sus happening to the board.

Your help is much appreciated.

(Yes, I did used the search tool, couldn't find anything) :p

I followed the power signal diagram from earlier...

The 24V & 48V Regulate start to heat up

My calibration for my post earlier still read the same.

Checked all my solder joints to make sure theyre all good.

S.O.S

(Novice Builder)

Attachments

• IMG_4190.JPG
    IMG_4190.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 10

Potato Cakes

You need to do more searching, unfortunately. You either have a bad solder joint or a misplaced component. If those regulators are heating up then something is drawing lots of current from them, maybe a short to ground, which would account for the low voltage reading.

Thanks!

Paul

You need to do more searching, unfortunately. You either have a bad solder joint or a misplaced component. If those regulators are heating up then something is drawing lots of current from them, maybe a short to ground, which would account for the low voltage reading.

Thanks!

Paul
I had 2 diodes placed incorrectly...after fixing this, the temperature dropped (good sign, I think)

Heres what my meter reads now...
J6 + J5 = 14.8V
J3 + J5 = 25.5V

[didn't bother to measure output bias yet]
{SIDE NOTE: I followed the Ian Bell formula for grounding}

I started reading this thread from page 1...trying to find a post that has had this issue. :D

Thanks again!
----------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Last edited:

JMan

Hey All!

I'm building the 500 ez1073, and everything has been going swimmingly. However, I ran into a snag with the pin headers. They seem super flimsy, and just the amount of heat needed to adequately melt the solder easily loosened the pins from their plastic sleeve, resulting in a lot of shifting and uneven pins. I managed to get nearly all of them to sit correctly, but had to do so by manually seating many of them with a pair of tweezers while keeping the solder melted with my iron. Very annoying task, but it worked. However, in the process, I had one pin bend slightly. Upon bending it back into place, it just snapped off at the right angle. I should emphasize, my iron is just barely hot enough to melt the solder, and I'm being quite delicate with these things, so I think ultimately the pins are just kind of fragile.

Can anyone recommend a more sturdy replacement for these? I will keep the ones that I managed to properly adjust, but I have to at least replace the one that broke off.

After hours of scanning through this thread. I have yet to find a solution. /

My power is good.

My only problem is I have no signal at all...just a faint hiss when its cranked.

Any suggestions?

sonicsix

hey all
i’ve been lurking for a while but i just wanna double check something: i think i have a bad power transformer so i removed it and did a continuity test on the primaries. my meter beeps but also reads 62ohms & i get the same if i measure resistance. am i correct in concluding that this VTT2326 is toast?
🙏

hey all
i’ve been lurking for a while but i just wanna double check something: i think i have a bad power transformer so i removed it and did a continuity test on the primaries. my meter beeps but also reads 62ohms & i get the same if i measure resistance. am i correct in concluding that this VTT2326 is toast?
🙏
Does it turn on?

Latest posts