First microphone build project

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Brokenamp

Hi,

I would like to build a microphone, an 87 type to be exact. I"m not really sure where to find a kit. I have many years of experience in electronics (I'm an EE) building and repairing preamps, guitar amps, microwave amps, transponders, radars etc... so I'm not concerned about the technical level required.

I've read a lot of people like the Arienne audio capsules. The specs look good from what I've found. But let's say I bought one of those capsules, where would I find the pcb and other parts that would go with it?

Thanks in advance!

@Mr. Brokenamp

Hi,

I would like to build a microphone, an 87 type to be exact. I"m not really sure where to find a kit. I have many years of experience in electronics (I'm an EE) building and repairing preamps, guitar amps, microwave amps, transponders, radars etc... so I'm not concerned about the technical level required.

I've read a lot of people like the Arienne audio capsules. The specs look good from what I've found. But let's say I bought one of those capsules, where would I find the pcb and other parts that would go with it?

Thanks in advance!
Take a look at Vintage Microphones PCB Kits D-87 for the pcb board, the bom, anything that you need etc. etc...

Also they are a plenty a lot of infos about it at the:

Neumann Vintage U87 Clone : Build Thread.

&

Advice for Building a U87 Clone

Hope all these infos are gonna helps to your cast…

Back