Anyone Experimented with K103 Capsule and U87Ai Transformer 90415 Combination in DIY Microphone Builds?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cortez07

Hey everyone,

I've been tinkering with some DIY microphone projects lately and I'm curious if anyone in the community has experimented with using the K103 capsule from the Neumann TLM103 and the transformer from the Neumann U87AI in their builds?

I'm particularly interested in any insights you might have regarding the combination's sound characteristics, compatibility, and overall performance compared to other capsules and transformers commonly used in DIY microphone projects.

Additionally, if anyone knows where I can source authentic Neumann parts for such experimentation, I've been eyeing NeumProSpares and would appreciate any feedback on their products or service.

If you've tried this combination or have any thoughts on it, I'd love to hear about your experiences and any tips you might have!

Thanks in advance for any input.

Hey everyone,

I've been tinkering with some DIY microphone projects lately and I'm curious if anyone in the community has experimented with using the K103 capsule from the Neumann TLM103 and the transformer from the Neumann U87AI in their builds?

I'm particularly interested in any insights you might have regarding the combination's sound characteristics, compatibility, and overall performance compared to other capsules and transformers commonly used in DIY microphone projects.

Additionally, if anyone knows where I can source authentic Neumann parts for such experimentation, I've been eyeing NeumProSpares and would appreciate any feedback on their products or service.

If you've tried this combination or have any thoughts on it, I'd love to hear about your experiences and any tips you might have!

Thanks in advance for any input.
The 103 capsule I’ve always thought would be cool to play with. For example, I can only imagine what it might sound like on top of a RFT 7151-inspired mic, or something in that direction.

The 87 transformer, there are so many other cool transformers I’d rather play with.

Putting them together, I definitely have no interest.

Latest posts

Back