• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: B&B Audio VCA Cards

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmatrix

I have 4 B&B Audio VCA cards dated Nov. 1978 (11-78) with Jensen JE-7103 output transformer and B&B Audio 1537A VCA  (which became the Aphex 1537A VCA).  Also has a CA-3086 transistor array and MJE-171 and MJE-181 output transistors.  I've been told that these were from a console automation system (OAS - "Outboard Automation System") (anyone have any more info on these??).  I just received a schematic for these.  They can definitely be made into an Aphex CX-1 compressor with the addition of  the sidechain circuitry.  There is documentation on the web about making an AGC out of the 1537A VCA and there is also documentation on the web about making an Aphex CX-1 compressor/expander with the VCA. They take a standard 15 pin connector (not included).  They've been sitting around for awhile (another project I won't be getting to ) so time to let someone else finish the project.  I never got around to getting them up and running, so they are being sold as-is (but they look in really good condition).  I'll try to answer any questions.  $60 per card plus shipping, OBO.

Attachments

• B&B Audio 002.jpg
    B&B Audio 002.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
Back