• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS DIY Racked 2402 summing mixer w/ CAPI gar2520 Opamps

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 24 channel summing mixer from DIY racked.

Almost done building it. Need a few more weeks for the wiring.

Let me know your best offer including shipping.

Comes from California USA.

Attachments

• IMG_2148.JPG
    IMG_2148.JPG
    1.6 MB
I replied to this somehow it has disappeared

Apparently the OP took exception to my post as  " negative "
and had it removed,  judge for yourself based on the content and his
amounts of posts to our group ....

Shouldn't this be in the white market, or listed under services?

(Because building DIY-stuff with the aim of selling it is kinda contrary to the idea here..)

Jakob E.

I decided to write a comment because I like everyone involved:

I'm probably buying this from Travis (assuming my 2-Bus LT sells in a timely manner.) Cemal\Sahib who I met through the community and has become a close personal friend will be the one helping me finish it along with a half-dozen other things we're finalising at the moment at the tail end of years of doing good business together. :) (If anyone reads this you should buy an EQ ONE. They're amazing!)

My 2 cents, not that anyone asked for it -

Those guys aren't just trolls on the internet. Gyraf is the "G" in "GSSL" and given how many of his clones were built by others and copied by builders profiting from the product his work\design\free contribution to the community I can kind of understand.

They are Elder Statesman in the community very dedicated to helping people improve their skills, save money and of course "Do It Themselves". They put in hundreds of hours every year at the work station and online.

It's not a DIY Racked thing. My guess is they see you as someone trying to profit off the community without contributing anything to it. It's a bit like watching your children get hustled. And they suggest that if you're going to be advertising services as a builder it belongs on the White Market\Commercial Services side because it's against the spirit of GroupDIY.

Having been in and around that community for 5 years + and not knowing who they  is kind of like being a fan of pro wrestling and not knowing Undertaker and Shawn Michaels, being a fan of UFC and not knowing Kobe Bryant and Lebron James etc.

They are big players, big contributors and hugely instrumental in the history and future of Pro Audio\DIY online.

I don't think anyone has any malicious intent. Travis is a builder trying to make a living. Gyraf and Okgb are doing what they always do and being true to character, putting the community first and making it possible for all of us to do what we do and grow while we're doing it.

2 cents concluded.

EDIT: It's not quite finished. Wiring and whatnot. It's less of a commercial sale and more of an abandoned project.

The original commission dropped out and thus Travis was left holding the baby so the sale works out favourably for everyone it just wasn't super clear from the initial post.

Jacob,

can you close this thread?

gyraf said:
Shouldn't this be in the white market, or listed under services?

(Because building DIY-stuff with the aim of selling it is kinda contrary to the idea here..)

Jakob E.

In case it was missed I added the following to my post:

"EDIT: It's not quite finished. Wiring and whatnot. It's less of a commercial sale and more of an abandoned project.

The original commission dropped out and thus Travis was left holding the baby so the sale works out favourably for everyone it just wasn't super clear from the initial post."

Love all you guys. Thanks for your contributions :)

Latest posts

Back