• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: EZ1290 (4x-Complete)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikerl

Just feeling this out.  I built these over the last couple years, they have been complete for over a year, and I have only used them for a few hours.  I was a full time employed audio engineer for years, but in the last year and a half have moved away from that for a more stable career.  I am looking to sell these to fund the purchase of a Guitar amp, which i will get much more use out of.

EZ1290's.  Four channels in a 2 space chassis.  Carnhill transformers, JLM audio powerstation power supply.  JLM phantom/phase/pad.  "NEZE" faceplate (chassis came from another project, i purchased the faceplate separately, but they fit together). Fully assembled.  Channels 1, 3, and 4 work great (to my ear, but i am not an electrical engineer).  Channel two has a problem, maybe a bad solder joint somewhere, or a bad resistor/cap...  Sounds distorted.  I am sure someone with an oscilloscope and more knowledge than i could get this working perfect.  There is a LOT of money in parts here, and it is all built, just needs a few tweaks. $750, i will entertain offers though.

Please note, that altho I feel like these are working well (aside an issue in ch 2 to sort out).  This is an AS IS sale.  I don't mean to scare anyone away, and i feel like whoever buys this is getting a great deal.  But i built this as a beginner, and need to state that someone with more knowledge than me will most likely have a little work to do to bring the unit to their standards.  all great parts, and great preamps, i just felt the need to state this.

Attachments

• IMG_1288.JPG
    IMG_1288.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 136
Back