• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: RCA, Neumann, UTC, Beyer, preamps, limiters, transformers etc.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjrippe

GDIY Supporter
Yes, that title says a lot! But I am clearing out some projects that have been collecting dust for too long. There may be further additions soon...

* SOLD * A pair of Neumann PV15 line amp cards. These are discrete amps with a transformer input and transformerless output. They provide 15, 12, or 10dB of gain which can be made switchable. Great for makeup gain after a passive EQ, might work as a low gain mic pre?

Tested and working five years ago, all parts are original.

Price is $150 plus shipping ($15 in the continental USA)

Attachments

• Neumann top.jpg
    Neumann top.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Neumann bot.jpg
    Neumann bot.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Pv15.gif
    Pv15.gif
    103.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Next up is an RCA BA-78A. This is the first version which features all discrete circuitry AND transformers between every stage. These were the early equivalent of the SSL talkback amp. They incorporate a mic preamp and BRICKWALL limiter. Super fun!

This unit has been completely recapped and tested. It comes with a mating connector wired with AC, XLR input/output, and an input attenuator. You can also add a limiter bypass switch, and switch out one of the gain stages (total gain is ~80dB!) Lots of potential mods here. I will include a PDF scan of the original manual.

Price is $200 $175 plus shipping ($15 in the continental USA)

Attachments

• IMG-7461.jpg
    IMG-7461.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG-7462.jpg
    IMG-7462.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
* SOLD * UTC H-283 Transformers. These are the hermetically sealed version of the A-20 with all the same taps on both windings. This pair is from 1977, so they are branded TRW/UTC. They are NOS/NIB with matching date and batch codes.

$200 for the pair, plus shipping ($9 in the continental USA) .

Attachments

• UTC H2.jpg
    UTC H2.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 16
  • UTC H.jpg
    UTC H.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Now some parts cards - Two Aphex 505 VCA cards and a mystery dbx card. The Aphex are dated 1979 and have B and B Audio 1537A VCA chips. The dbx card is an unknown part with the number 26040801 on the PCB.

These are sold as-is, untested, etc.

$40 $30 plus shipping ($9 in the continental USA)

Attachments

• IMG-7463.jpg
    IMG-7463.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG-7464.jpg
    IMG-7464.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
*Sold* Uncommon EQs - Multi-Track Vari-Band modules. These are huge! Neve 1066 shown for size comparison only, not for sale. Multi-Track made some very early 5 band fully parametric EQs as well as a line of other products. They were very focused on clean squarewave response, so they used no transformers and high performance (for the time) chips.

These three band EQs are fully parametric and the two lower bands have switches to change the frequency range via relay switching. There are bypass switches for each band and the EQ as a whole. They run on +/-15VDC and have unbalanced in and out. Easy to add THAT chips for a fully balanced circuit.

Both modules have been recapped (electrolytics only). One module works fine, the other works except for the high freq band. I swapped the ICs around and no change. I do have schematics for the 5 band which is very similar. Pinout and connectors also included.

Asking $175 for the pair, plus shipping TBD.

Attachments

• MT3B.jpg
    MT3B.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 52
  • MT3B In.jpg
    MT3B In.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 51
  • MT3B Back.jpg
    MT3B Back.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 44
  • VB1.jpg
    VB1.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 37
  • VB2.jpg
    VB2.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 35
  • VB3.jpg
    VB3.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
curious about those langevin cards if they dont go, or if not if schematic of pre & output driver could be posted for the potential for turret or stripboarding

RCA BA-44 Monitor Amplifier. This is a 10 watt all discrete, transformer in and out amplifier. No, you can't use it as a mic pre 😁 I fully recapped and restored this unit several years ago and used it as my mono listening amp. I also removed the rack tray connectors and replaced them with an IEC inlet, XLR input, and binding post speaker outs. The wood case is nothing special but looks pretty good.

I kinda hate to sell it, but it is not being used. Asking $200 plus shipping TBD.

Attachments

• BA44 Front.jpg
    BA44 Front.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 40
  • BA44 in.jpg
    BA44 in.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 37
  • BA44 trans.jpg
    BA44 trans.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 31
  • BA44 bot.jpg
    BA44 bot.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 28
  • BA44 back.jpg
    BA44 back.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
BeyerDynamic Mic Input Transformers. This is a pair of used Beyer TR/BV 370.010.005, they are 200 ohm primary to 20k ohm secondary. Date codes are 1990 and 1991. Desoldered from a PCB and tested.

$100 for the pair, plus shipping ($9 in the continental USA)

Attachments

• Beyer.jpg
    Beyer.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Beyer2.jpg
    Beyer2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back