• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS US: Jensen JT-11P-1 1:1 Line Input Transformers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good morning
I'm interset by one piece if possible.... but I'm in France...
could you? ;)
spend a nice day
Jean-pierre

bluezplaya said:
Were these intended for some S1000 channel strips?  :D

Yep :) As well as inputs for a couple GSSLs and LA2As. I did use 12 in the console for the vocal and drum channels. After that, I decided it might be overkill to load the entire console up.

bluezplaya said:
How did they sound in the scorpion? I'm very interested to hear.

I have a difficult time describing sounds with words haha. I tried multiple ways to wire them with and without a zobel, along with different values. I couldn't detect a difference between the different wiring.

They roll off the highs (above 16 to 18khz) a bit. It makes the channels sound smoother. It also has a small affect on the low mids. Just a subtle grit to them that makes them feel tighter. These are very transparent transformers, so the effect is one of those things that adds up.

It didn't do much for me on guitars and bass. Maybe because I'm using API style preamps to record them? For drums and vocals, I absolutely love them. If you're on a budget, I would try one for your main vocal strip, and a pair for your overheads. You could grab a Jensen Iso-Max PI-XX or PI-2XX if you wanted to give it a shot without opening up the console.

Back