G9 Switch question.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isamee

It seems Paul Stephens parts list seems to be pretty popular as a guide to a US parts list for the G9. I am confused as to the Lorlin switches he used.

Qty.4
10WA135 Lorlin Nylon Rotary Switches 2POL 2-6 POS PCB SW1,101 SW3,103

Qty.4
10WA134 Lorlin Nylon Rotary Switches 1POL 2-12POS PCB SW2,102 SW4,104

My question is why he chose qty. 4 of the 12 position switches and why only qty.4 of the 6 position switches. Also why 6 position switches. The Gyraf parts list calls for (6) 3 position switches and (2) 12 position switches so I am a little confused. I know I am probably missing something here but I am not sure what.

Thanks,

Steve

Hey isamee,

This is what I learnt while i was buying those switched.

The position amount is changeable. If you unscrew the nut theres a metal plate that you take of and rotate around to change the number of positions. The G9 has a 2 position and a 11 position (3-pos made to two and 12 pos made to an 11 position).

The next part is the poles, which are in the middle of the switch. Usually they come with 4 poles, like the G9 PCB's 12 positions are with 1 pole. Look at the PCB and figure out how many poles you actually need.

The poles also refer to how many "ways" it has. (i think)
a 3 position, 4 pole 4 way switch will have 12 legs around the switch, and 4 poles around the center.
each pole will connect to 3 legs/pins, so you have 4 ways - you are able to switch 4 things at the same time. Its a bit confusing, test it with your multimeter.
i used 2x 12 position 1 pole for gain. All from jaycar el., branded Alpha.
and the rest are 3 position 4 way 4 pole with one set to 2pos.
and something like that for the power

This is the first question I ever answer on these boards. Im proud i hope i helped you out.

Hi,

I bought Lorlin switches 3 positions and 4 poles for the G9.

But How I have to mount these switches on the G9, since, there are 4 poles, so 4 differents mountings :

DSCN3780.JPG

OR

DSCN3781.JPG

OR

DSCN3782.JPG

OR

DSCN3784.JPG

Thanks

As we've mentioned several times before, the switches are symmetrical - so they'll go in any way. If you're unsure, check switch action with an OhmMeter, and refer to the schematic..

Jakob E.

Back