Gain Switch Question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikoKensington

So, I'm working on a project. I'd like to have a 2 position gain switch for it. Just a "less" and "more" control for the output of an EQ. Any ideas?

I realize this is a broad question. But I just need a rotary switch to affix resistors for two different gain settings for a QE line amp.

Do you have an amplification stage that is set that you would like to attenuate? Or are you trying to switch feedback resistors for an opamp??

If it is just an attenuator, you could have one switch postion that doesnt attenuate, and then have one position that does. Am I understanding your question??

Ian

I just wired two of those up this week.

You can use a dpdt, hook 9 and 10 to the middle, short the top and put your resistor on the bottom, so youve got no boost and boost, or just use a rotary and slap all those resistors on there. I made a 12 position gain switch based on that chart.

dave

I shouldnt be posting at 5 am, you dont want to short the top of the switch, leave it open for no boost, then hang the resistor across the bottom for your boost.

dave

Latest posts

Back