gas prices..

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OPEC+ is a cartel operating in plain sight.

Unfettered oil drilling and Fracking during the Trump administration generated enough excess oil and NG supply in the margin to affect international prices downward. Now we have an anti-energy industry administration that has thwarted the fossil fuel industry, and the expected result is higher prices.

Oil and NG may not be a completely free market but supplies are generally fungible enough that excess US exports could lower prices. Anyone old enough to remember the 70s will recall that government price controls didn't work, supply just dried up. As soon as the price controls were removed and market pricing was allowed to operate we got copious supply at the new higher market prices.

Right now we are also in a hole because the ESG/climate change harpies have discouraged big oil companies from exploring and developing new oil fields.

Putin's invasion of the Ukraine has mainly impacted oil/NG supply since sanctions are the only effective lever available to attempt to get him to behave. It isn't working very well because the EU can't get off the Russian energy teat overnight. However this is reducing supply somewhat raising prices. Future prices will rise even more as EU sanctions kick in, and China reopens Shanghai.

If worried about oil, you don't want to think about the grain embargoed in the Ukraine.

JR
Thanks for your perspective. I don't think it's as straightforward as you posit. I think in a perfect world your logic is impeccable. But this is far from that. In any case, you always bring a balanced and reasoned, and reasonable, response, and for that I thank you.

Thanks for your perspective. I don't think it's as straightforward as you posit. I think in a perfect world your logic is impeccable. But this is far from that. In any case, you always bring a balanced and reasoned, and reasonable, response, and for that I thank you.
It certainly isn't a perfect world and economics is a squishy science at best. Sometimes the world gifts us with a strong example (like the failed government price control attempt in the 70s).

The energy landscape is complicated and conflicted, sadly it is not our biggest problem on the horizon (food?). Of course I hope I am wrong. I have a poor track record about predicting the future.

JR

"If worried about oil, you don't want to think about the grain embargoed in the Ukraine."

And you don't want to think about agricultural inputs such as fertilizer, water, diesel, rail transport, and money either.

"The energy landscape is complicated and conflicted, sadly it is not our biggest problem on the horizon (food?). Of course I hope I am wrong."

Yes food. They want us dead.

" I have a poor track record about predicting the future."

I believe in terms of the Covid conspiracy and the mRNA kill shot you have a hard time seeing the present.

I believe in terms of the Covid conspiracy and the mRNA kill shot you have a hard time seeing the present.
You can dance on my grave after I die from the mRNA "kill shots" as you appear to be predicting.

Until then since I am still alive please try to be more gracious and less confrontational promoting your beliefs.

JR

You got the saline shot tough guy.
come on man... :rolleyes: I had a case of Moderna arm, so clearly not a saline shot...

Isn't there some new conspiracy to chase after, "tough guy".

JR

PS: In case you didn't notice I walked away from your forum because I grew weary of these pointless exchanges, now you follow me here to continue.

Tough guy has his own forum? Cool. Where is that? I wold love to return the favour.

Cheers

Ian
pro audio design It is a good resource with lots of good technical content. I have referred people over there for specific discussions, but I no longer spend time there myself for reasons already shared.

Wayne was a member here years ago and left over some dispute. He is knowledgeable about multiple audio electronics topics and could be a valuable contributor here. I followed him from here over to his own forum because of his work with DC coupled mic preamps floated up to phantom voltage. This was an interest of mine for decades but I never melted solder on my own version of it.

JR

pro audio design It is a good resource with lots of good technical content. I have referred people over there for specific discussions, but I no longer spend time there myself for reasons already shared.

JR
I have been a member there for several years. I was not aware of any conspiracy theory posts there until I specifically looked for them. Seems the peabody room? is the place to go. I don't visit the site often as there is little tube stuff on there.

Cheers

Ian

Back