Gates Sta Level - ptp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a pic from the front.  The Ernest Turner meter is the same as on a TG desk.  That & the huge bakelite knobs came from the surplus place.    This was the first one I built whoch was for myself, but I had to sell it when I was broke.  But it ended up with a good friend of mine who uses it all the time, so I'm as pleased about letting it go as I could be :(

Attachments

• gat1.jpg
    gat1.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 105
This is the back of it.  Gardeners input traansformer (from the surplus place) & Sowter o/p transformer.  Sowter made the transformer especially forme for this one & then added it to his inventory afterwards.    I think it sounds a bit cleaner than the one I had in for repair.

Attachments

• gat7.jpg
    gat7.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 98
Here's a few shots of mine Mark. This one was modified/put back together by Dale Ulan. I bypassed the input pad at some point. Works nicely in  my application, especially with the added timings.  Currently it's after an La2a in the chain, on the fastest att/release setting...kinda the opposite of what sta levels are known for. 

Rob Flinn said:
Here's a pic from the front.  The Ernest Turner meter is the same as on a TG desk.  That & the huge bakelite knobs came from the surplus place

Has this surplus place gone, Rob? Whereabouts in Sussex was/is it?

Thanks

Nick Froome

Sorry, looking through my files I don't have a BOM. I always make my own from the diagram, it's not so difficult.

As far as I am aware there is only one diagram, or at least I have only ever used one diagram.
[I don't have a BOM] -- Several hours after I had posted my above comment, I happened to come across one!!! It is contained within the attached PDF file here on Pages 11 & 12!!! YA-A-A-AY!!!

/

Attachments

• GATES -- Sta-Level Compressor Manual.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back