Going 4 layers...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for setting the record straight, but, was the first paragraph necessary? Or even interesting?
I was merely offering a clarification that while I -- could -- offer some useful information about this specific topic, no matter what it is that I post here, someone will criticize me for whatever it is that I comment on.....just as you have done here!!! So.....I'm right!!!

I will probably just relegate myself to being a "Lurker" on this forum from now on in order to prevent any further forum commotion.

/

no matter what it is that I post here, someone will criticize me for whatever it is that I comment on.....
As long as your posts contain a dose of bragging, self-advertising and/or whining, it is not likely to change.
Unless it's humor, in that case I would suggest you take a good look around, no one's laughing.
just as you have done here!!! So.....I'm right!!!
Of course. When you scratch a wound, it itches.
I will probably just relegate myself to being a "Lurker" on this forum from now on in order to prevent any further forum commotion.
Typical sulking. The solution is controlling your posts. You have been given enough tips to know what to post and what not.

Of course. That's what I do usually. It seems that many ignore this possibility, though, and have mixed results with ground pour.
It may not be enough to separate grounds with a simple "cut" in the ground pours, depending what you are dealing with, some stronger medicine may be needed. D/A converters come to mind, for layout concerns in this respect. There should be a wealth of reference material on this, at least for relevant eval boards.

It may not be enough to separate grounds with a simple "cut" in the ground pours, depending what you are dealing with, some stronger medicine may be needed. D/A converters come to mind, for layout concerns in this respect.
Of course. My comment was in the context of standard "baseband" audio. As soon as high-speed logic or RF are mixed with audio, a whole lot of constraints are added.

It may not be enough to separate grounds with a simple "cut" in the ground pours, depending what you are dealing with, some stronger medicine may be needed. D/A converters come to mind, for layout concerns in this respect. There should be a wealth of reference material on this, at least for relevant eval boards.
I designed probably 80 DA, currently doing an SPDIF right now, but that's the first one in 21 years. I worked on the UAC/UAC2 protocol (USB Audio Class) mostly on Asynchronous part of that. I have 32 products of the year awards in 14 countries. I never put separate grounds on a DA, now for higher end products I do isolate so say differential output to 10K:10K transformer to usually a tube gain stage and out single ended. I think so far this year we shipped like 12K*5 so ~60K USB dacs this year.
I think Guido Tent has some good articles about ground planes and digital and analog. TentLabs.com

I was merely offering a clarification that while I -- could -- offer some useful information about this specific topic, no matter what it is that I post here, someone will criticize me for whatever it is that I comment on.....just as you have done here!!! So.....I'm right!!!

/

Your 3D graphics etc looks great but you really don't need to highlight your past work with various state / security outfits etc. at every opportunity. This isn't LinkedIn and you'd be pushing it even there tbh.

Hi!

A bit late, but want to thank you for your advise given here!. Now it is time to apply all that knowledge!.

Jay x

Back