Gpultec 2.2k pots?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

migidee

Where are everybody getting there 2.2k linear pots for the high q in the gpultec from?  I have looked on mouser and digikey and the only options are high priced.  Could this be replaced by a 2.5k pot?

Hi,
  Collin at AML has all the pots for the G-Pultec with all same shaft size - 1/4 inch ( 6.3mm )

http://www.audiomaintenance.com/acatalog/potentiometers_carbon_20mm_diameter_single_gang.html

;D

Jake,

Did you modify it at all? Should the 1m in line with it be changed to another value?

Ok, so if I turn the knob to 90% it should be like all the way up? If it turn it up further does that make the Q wider or more narrow than normal? 

Honestly, I put a 2.5k pot in there and didn't even think about it.
If you want to be 100% precise, just put a 18k resistor parallel to it, it will be a 2.2k pot.
:D

..and remember that pots are usually +/-20% tolerance anyway, which means that 2k2 and 2k5 are "the same" for all real purposes..

Only spot a bit critical is the 10K high-boost pot - variations in this will give you slight bypass/in level differences.

Jakob E.

Thanks to everyone who replied.  I am using 20% tolerance pots and I figured it wouldnt make a huge difference because of that, but I am new enough to diy that I am not yet confident in modifying any designs.  I decided on the 2.5k and if I am not satisfied with it i will throw an 18k in parallel, I guess i just needed someone else to tell me that it was ok ;D

Latest posts

Back