Greetings from Brazil

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alema_o

Nice to meet everyone, my name is Eduardo and I live in São Paulo/Brazil. I am fascinated with Audio, especially music technology: Synths and Music Production in the studio. I teach Music Production at a school in São Paulo/Brazil, we have been in activity for 15 years. I also work at a music software store, so if anyone needs a hookup on music software, just drop me a line and I can probably ask the shop for a good deal.
I got into the forum because I am starting (in the very beginning) to study electronics. I took a small course on basic workbench electronics, and I have a LOT of gear that is waiting to be repaired. From PSUs, to motherboards, to audio interface preamps, mics and so on. So I am starting the journey to learn electronics because I like the area, and also because I have the feeling that these things can be fixed, if the person has the knowledge and experience to find the components that are faulty. Here in Brazil we have a lot of bad techs, and it's usually hard to find someone who will fix a gear. They are usually more prone to just condemning the gear or changing the whole board, when it might be a simple capacitor or diode malfunctioning. Since I have some good gear, for example a UR824 from Steinberg which the 1st preamp is broken, I really want to get to the point where I can find the problems and fix them. Also, this might be something to offer to other Audio guys in the future, and who knows, maybe modding some gear too! The forum looks top notch, and I have a lot of questions and cases to share, hopefully the colleagues here can help me out in this rough beginning in electronics. All the best to everyone here :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back