Greetings from Liverpool uk

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the welcome
Welcome. There are plenty of old geezers here to keep you company.
I have a question for you English guys. Is it inappropriate to call a person from Liverpool "Scouser"? I like the term and its background, but as a German I have no idea how it is perceived on the British Isles. So I wanted to take the chance to clarify this... ;)

cheers

Last amp was a KLD
I have a question for you English guys. Is it inappropriate to call a person from Liverpool "Scouser"? I like the term and its background, but as a German I have no idea how it is perceived on the British Isles. So I wanted to take the chance to clarify this... ;)

cheers

Im a scouser. But lived in the med for a while. Im happy to be called a scouser. Its not whats said its how its intended. If the phrase is F#ing scoucer i can be offended.

Welcome. I've been wanting to start building partscasters, and then move onto set neck and neck thru. I have access to a wood shop but need a mentor.
Its easier than you think. Try building a lap steel or electric dulcimer as a starter. Keep it simple and keep it cheap. An electric dulcimer would be awesome say a four sting setup for slide. Just an idea. A couple of mine here. An LP with a neck through body and a whammy. A semi acoustic LP and a telle with a set neck, gibson scale and maple burr top.

Also a photo of the seldom used dulcimer the tuning pegs were a mistake a should have used standard tuners.

I do make pickups as and when needed this saves a few £££ the bonus is i can make any pickup that i fancy trying if i dont like the cost is minimal ( a few oz of copper wire and a bit of time ).

If you dont try you will never have any success.

Attachments

• IMG_20230202_100754.jpg
    IMG_20230202_100754.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20221117_081014.jpg
    IMG_20221117_081014.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Back