Greetings from Phoenix, AZ, USA!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdhalls

Hello, I am an amateur / hobby musician, producer, and audio engineer. In my day job, I am a construction management professional managing large scale commercial construction projects. But my passion has always been music. I first started playing music in ~1998, and started learning about audio engineering in ~2002 because I wanted to be able to record my own band. In the early 2000's I developed enough talent in audio engineering and producing that several local bands came to me for recording services. These were far from professional grade recordings, but I learned a lot and really enjoyed the process of creating a recording. In 2006 I studied audio engineering for about 1 year at Mesa Community College before deciding it wasn't the career path I wanted to pursue. Shortly after that I took a long hiatus from music. In about 2019 I decided I wanted to start getting back into music. I still have a lot to learn, but I am making progress every day. Looking forward to learning what this community has to offer, and hope to be able to give back a little too!

-Matt

It is amazing how many group members have a similar on/off relationship with music as a hobby and career. Like you I started recording local bands back in the late 60s but then went into mainstream electronics as a career (an even managed a short stint at Neve) . In the 80s and 90s when home multitrack became affordable I went back to recording demos in my spare time but now I have retired music and audio is all I do. Welcome to the group. Yoo will find a lot of like minded folk here.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back