Grounding medical power transformer TRIAD

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

znjamznjam

Hello, I would like to ask if anyone has experience with medical transformer primary wiring. There is an extra wire for ground wiring. Do you use this for ground connector or connecting to star ground connecting? See manual for this transformer. Wiring is 220v in EU country. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• VPM36_1390-844685.pdf trafo.pdf
    371.6 KB · Views: 1
There is an extra wire for ground wiring.

It is a shield between primary and secondary windings. If you are connecting the chassis to earth the shield wire would connect to the earthing point of the chassis.

I do not see anything in the transformer datasheet about safety class, or dual levels of insulation, so I expect it is intended to be used in a chassis with protective earth connection.

Hy Evertide, thanks to info.
Thus for 220VAC: Input to Gray & Violet, jumper Blue & Brown
Green and Yellow jumper and connect to ground mains IEC or Chassis star ground?

I do not see anything in the transformer datasheet about safety class, or dual levels of insulation, so I expect it is intended to be used in a chassis with protective earth connection.
Built with a Class F (155°) insulation system. A
140°C self-resetting thermal switch is included in each primary.

" Primary and secondary windings are designed to be connected in series or parallel. Windings
are not intended to be used independently "

Back