GSSL HELP THREAD!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, Jacob! I will do that.

I still don't understand if I will need to use relays or not. Do only momentary swithes need a relay in GSSL?

Miska

Hi everyone--

Pardon me, I'm new to this project. I just ordered boards from Gustav, and emailed ptownkid about his meters...but I'm wondering if there is a BOM out there that incorporates the latest revisions. The only one I have turned up so far is this one:

http://members.cox.net/capstanrecording/SSLCloneParts.pdf

Which is several years old.

Also, has anyone tried replacing the 5532/5534 IC's with LM4562/LME49710? Would these work as drop-ins on this circuit, or would they require changes? I did a search for them and didn't turn up anything on this thread...

Thank you!

Hi!

I would like to get my GSSL's chasis engraved and guy who will do it for me asked for PDF (not FDP) file.
I searched around and only found one with the sidechain and some strange holes...

I would like to have something similar to Gyraf's design, without the sidechain . Anyone have it? Thanks!

Miha

I went through the entire thread via scrap book but couldn't find a hint to my problem: everything works fine except the fact that in Auto Release Mode the MakeUp pot decreases compression which could be easily repro'ed when switching to ext. side chain (only Make Up is active, meter indicates zero compression) my meter went to the negative direction when I add Make Up gain. I checked the component values on the control board and exchanged the 074. No improvement.
Anyone?...

[quote author="maxheadroom"]i remember that the meter connectors on the frontpanel board are interchanged. check schematic vs. layout on those 2 lines.[/quote]
Edited:
AFAIK the meter issue came up in conjunction with the Pico Compressor LED meter board. The PCB design is absolutely ok for analog meters.
My problem has nothing to do with the meter, the meter only indicates my problem...
The bug reason was a short between the 750k, the 91k resistor and the switch. No comment :oops:

Sorry if this topic has been gone over already, I searched and found nothing.
I want to transformer balance the outputs of my GSSL. Are there any on PCB part replacements that need to happen to install transformers to the output?
I was told that you change the 100 ohm resistor to either 22 ohms or 27 ohms and then wire up the transformer right after the 100uF/25V output coupling cap. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

[quote author="gyraf"]
Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Yes. :thumb:

Because we like low driving impedance for pushing low end through certain transformers.

Jakob E.[/quote]

Cool... thanks Jakob.
Now how do I determine if to use 22 or 27 ohm resistor? Is this a practical application of Ohms law?

[quote author="gyraf"]Shouldn't matter. These are just to keep opamp from shorting into low-z DC copper resistance. Use 22 Ohm if in doubt.[/quote]
Just double checking before I de-solder...The circled resistors are the culprits, correct?
sslschdr1.jpg
[/URL]

gssloutputcloseup1lj1.jpg

[quote author="Miska"]Thank you, Jacob! I will do that.

I still don't understand if I will need to use relays or not. Do only momentary swithes need a relay in GSSL?

Miska[/quote]

Like Jakob said: use your DMM set to test continuity to test what your switch does.
A commen configuration for these swithes is that 1 contact is open (NO) and one closed (NC). These two contacts can be made to act as one dual throw (DT) contact. Since your switch has two switching elements it can be that you have a DPDT switch.

I don't understand your question?

Those 470 Ohms run from opamp+input-to-gound, and should do so.

There is only one version board around - take a look at the documentation in the artwotk pdf file: http://www.gyraf.dk/gy_pd/ssl/ssl.pdf

Jakob E.

[quote author="gyraf"]I don't understand your question?

Those 470 Ohms run from opamp+input-to-gound, and should do so.

There is only one version board around - take a look at the documentation in the artwotk pdf file: http://www.gyraf.dk/gy_pd/ssl/ssl.pdf

Jakob E.[/quote]

that was just the paperwork I had been searching for and needed. thank you, again...

Back