GSSL VCA comparisons

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Volker, thanks for putting this up! I also changed the threshold range on my GSSL, but I don't remember the resistance values I used, so maybe I can send you an update of the page at some time. If anyone sees something wrong, please tell me, I will correct it.

[quote author="martthie_08"]... If anyone sees something wrong, please tell me, I will correct it.[/quote]

By the meter adjustment section you say: "use 2K resistor for 0-10dB range or 1K resistor for 0-20dB range of gain reduction indication".
I guess this should be the other way around?

Also, on Jakob's site it sais: "2K = 20db , 1K = 10db full scale at 1mA meter".

Thanks a lot for the THAT 2181 calibration info BTW :thumb:

"I guess this should be the other way around?"

you are right, I will have a look at my SSL next week and send the corrected web page to volker... it is in the studio for testing right now, we used it on the mix bus quite a number of songs off of our new album, did it's job very nice!

well, it is not that the 2180 / 2150 goes in as a direct substitute for the 202XT, Jakob made a circuit for 2150 to 202XT substitution. which emulates the behaviour of the 202XT.

Latest posts

Back