Gyraf Pultec without output trafo???

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohhh so you're saying it's important to use toroidal transformers?
No its hard to say how noisy a trafo is in real life. Expect some noise issue. I build a pulltec with EI trafo and unshielded inductor. It has some noise. If you want really quite I think you should shield the inductor and take good care of grounding scheme...

Ohhhh ohkkk... And about the inductor. Which inductor are you referring too?
The one in the filter section?

No its hard to say how noisy a trafo is in real life. Expect some noise issue. I build a pulltec with EI trafo and unshielded inductor. It has some noise. If you want really quite I think you should shield the inductor and take good care of grounding scheme...

Ohhhh ohkkk... And about the inductor. Which inductor are you referring too?
The one in the filter section?
Yes the one in the filter section. In the original Pultec the filter section was shielded and encapsulated. In my latest inductor eq build. I sheild the inductors + I use external PSU. But u never Know how much of problem its going to be...

Last edited:
I need to ask you one thing. I didn't actually get the coil type inductor. I got some which looks like resistor. The seller told me that it was fine. Is that ohk?
I'm kinda new to electronics.

I need to ask you one thing. I didn't actually get the coil type inductor. I got some which looks like resistor. The seller told me that it was fine. Is that ohk?
I'm kinda new to electronics.
I wind my own but all coils are prone to pick up noise. Because its only the high freq that goes trough the inductor it wont saturate that easy so you should be ok...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back