Hadron collider

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Igor

Ahem...Most people in pub near my house are talking about
this devil's invention allmost all the time just sometimes iterrupting on
chicken and politic talks.....then, collider again.
This is not an issue, because barmen has something like 2nd degree
in nuclear physics.
Most of drinking public can be defined as Linuxoids or Freaks..
One guy for example has a tatoo of USB sign on his hand.

Ahem....Was a way surprised, when nuff appeared searching this forum.

Strange...Progressive people...

What do you think, can this collider kill Kenny or not?

:green: :shock: :shock: :cool:

I can't wait to grab a road sign or folding table and surf into the black hole.

surfer.gif

Now understand, all this is plan of green small gremlins
which appears next to the screen of a scope...
To KILL KENNY!!! Finally, they'll do it!!!!!!!!

What do you think, can this collider kill Kenny or not?

I think this might be why we don't find intelligent lifeforms outside our own world (pre-intelligent lifeforms are harder to detect, and can not be expected to be easily found).

- Logic of life is development, intelligence is a by-product of this, and science is a further by-product.

- Maybe all intelligent lifeforms with a science comes to a point where they feel that they simply have to experiment with this type of process - that all first-hand physics and related mathematics tell you is almost safe..

- ...and then they vanish completely...

:? :razz:

Jakob E.

im taking a gambol on it causing the end of the world as we know it. as such i am maxing out my credit cards and overdraft and having a whale of a time ...

deep shit if the world doesnt end ofcourse

Iain :grin: :grin:

[quote author="gyraf"]- Maybe all intelligent lifeforms with a science comes to a point where they feel that they simply have to experiment with this type of process - that all first-hand physics and related mathematics tell you is almost safe..

- ...and then they vanish completely... [/quote]

I realize that you're probably joking, but I would like to point a few things out:
  • Cosmic rays, which have been pelting the Earth for its entire lifetime (whatever you believe that to be) have much higher energies than the LHC is capable.
  • By extension, the LHC will not be able to do anything cosmic rays haven't already done.
  • The benefit to the LHC over cosmic rays, as far as science goes, is that the LHC can control precisely where the collisions happen so all of our instruments can be trained on the right spot.
Hopefully, I can inject a bit of sanity into the doomsday scenarios. I'm actually more interested in the "Bose-Einstein Condensate Supernova" worst-case scenario, more than the black hole one:

http://arxivblog.com/?p=645

The worst-case here, though, is a ring-shaped crater on the France-Switzerland border.

[quote author="sahib"]Hey Jens,

There is one accelerator in Karlsruhe and make sure it does not kill you.

Or, are you KENNY?[/quote]

I know
I used to work right across the street when I was a student. Since it was in a nuclear research center nobody ever cared too about the danger of accelerators. There were different things going on :mad:

Thats a collider?

I thought they were building a collander. Now the price makes sense.

I pray that the collider generates a new Universe, because this one seems tapped out right now.

094_world_toilet_assoc.jpg

Sim Jae-Duk, a South Korean lawmaker and the founder of the World Toilet Association, unveils a $1.6 million home built in the shape of a loo. Sim, who claims to have been born in a lavatory, names the house Haewoojae, which means "a place of sanctuary where one can solve one's worries."

Back