Hammond B3, percussion circuit problem

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the scanner working?  The scanner generates the percussion tones.  It sounds like the amp is working.  So I would look at the scanner.  As I recall, it's in the upper left when you face it from the back.  It often doesn't get enough oil and stops spinning.  Check to see if it's spinning.

Hi Tommy, scanner works perfect.
One thing I found: I'm able to switch between second and third perc when pulling the 4th and 5th drawbar but no decay change or soft/normal, it sounds like a drawbar.
I suspect a broken wire from the drawbars to the perc circuit?

thekid777 said:
Hi Tommy, scanner works perfect.
One thing I found: I'm able to switch between second and third perc when pulling the 4th and 5th drawbar but no decay change or soft/normal, it sounds like a drawbar.
I suspect a broken wire from the drawbars to the perc circuit?

Good.  Do you have a wiring diagram  or schematic?  You'll have to figure out where that broken connection may be.

I got the entire hammond service book for just about every hammond organ in PDF... too large to post or send. But I can grab some pages from it tonight and post them.

I've once found a good quality pdf of the manual, covering tons of models, I think that's the same as Pucho's. You would probably find it easily by googling "Hammond organs service manual".

abbey road d enfer said:
Thanks Pucho; a real goldmine!

You are very welcome.  It covers things pretty well, about the only thing it doesn't;t mentioned is how Mr.  hammond hated the sounded of his organs through a leslie speaker feeling they ruined the sound of his organs. 

pucho812 said:
You are very welcome.  It coves things pretty well, about the only thing it doesn't;t mentioned is how Mr.  hammond hated the sounded of his organs through a leslie speaker felling they ruined the sound of his organs.
That's right. It took about 60 years, for the Suzuki company to make things right, by acquiring both Hammond and Leslie...

Hi, first of all, have you selected the correct preset?
Second, when this happens on any of our Hammonds, I find the zapping procedure works quite well.

Latest posts

Back