Hello, excited to be here!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taherbert

Hello, my name is Taylor, I’m a long time lurker, gleaned lots of useful tidbits over the years from here, but recently getting into more serious building so I thought I’d join and make it official.

I am actually a critical care physician but music and audio are my refuge from all that. I’ve done home recording and worked part time as an audio engineer at a commercial studio for about 15 years. I’ve built guitar pedals, wired electric guitars, done some tube amp repairs and mods, done extensive studio routing overhauls, some recap jobs on old gear, but never designed anything or built studio gear from scratch except for guitar pedals, some passive reampers, a transformer-based mid-side decoder matrix and passive DIs. I’m about to embark on building an active DI and then probably some preamp kits to fill out my 500-series rack for my home studio. After that who knows? My dream would be to build an 8 -12 channel 500-series console, but I may never get to that level.

Well, enough about me. I’m excited to be here, and thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge!

Hello, my name is Taylor, I’m a long time lurker, gleaned lots of useful tidbits over the years from here, but recently getting into more serious building so I thought I’d join and make it official.

I am actually a critical care physician but music and audio are my refuge from all that. I’ve done home recording and worked part time as an audio engineer at a commercial studio for about 15 years. I’ve built guitar pedals, wired electric guitars, done some tube amp repairs and mods, done extensive studio routing overhauls, some recap jobs on old gear, but never designed anything or built studio gear from scratch except for guitar pedals, some passive reampers, a transformer-based mid-side decoder matrix and passive DIs. I’m about to embark on building an active DI and then probably some preamp kits to fill out my 500-series rack for my home studio. After that who knows? My dream would be to build an 8 -12 channel 500-series console, but I may never get to that level.

Well, enough about me. I’m excited to be here, and thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge!
Sounds awesome. Welcome!

Latest posts

Back