Hello from France !

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzli06

Hi,

I am Grizzli06 and I have recently registered to this froum.

I live in France and my hobbies are: DIY electronics, micro-contrrollers (like Arduino for ex), audio vintage devices restoration and repair, etc...

I should shortly try to program a F.I.R. filter in a DSP, and I hope to find help from this forum .

Have a nice day,

I have recently been tinkering with the Raspberry Pi Pico which is now supported by the Arduino IDE - which is a relief because the official SDK is so complicated to set up. Interested in FFT for measuring frequency response etc. Welcome to the group.

Cheers

\ian

because the official SDK is so complicated to set up
Yes you are right: the big advantage of the Arduino IDE is its simplicity !
Its main weakness is the editor, but you just have too use Notepad++ for editing the sketches, and you get a very powerful and simple IDE.
The Arduino IDE 2.x is just bullshit: I have never managed to use it !

If you have larger/more complex programs for which you believe that the Arduino IDE is not powerful enough, rhe best approach is to install "Visual Studio Core" (free) + the PlatformIO plugin.

Then you get a (free) top quality IDE, and PlatformIO offers you the possibility to use the "Arduino syntax", like if you use the Arduino IDE, but with far more advanced features of a professional IDE.

Still looking for F.I.R. programmation experts, to guide me on DSP programming...

Latest posts

Back